PdF:DGC015 Geography of Education - Course Information
DGC015 Geography of EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geography Education (programme PdF, D-DIGE) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to introduce the regional-geographic aspects of education from the global to the local level. The subject focuses on the analysis of educational policy embedded in transnational, national and regional strategical documents and the use of relevant data to assess the development of education at different hierarchical levels.
- Learning outcomes
- After the course the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the development of human resources at global, regional and local levels.
- Find relevant strategic documents on education from global to local level.
- Use available data and other information resources for geographic analysis of the area of education.
- Process project application for education.
- 1. Educational policy of the Czech Republic (in the global context).
- 2. Strategy Papers for Education - Society 4.0, Human Resources Development Strategy at National and Regional Level - Education and Labour Market; regional and local education plans.
- 3. Data on education – global, national and regional – regional and geographical analysis.
- 4. Management of operational programs focused on education, regional-geographic analysis of the development of education.
- Brock, C. (2016). Geography of Education. London: Bloomsbury.
- Eurostat. URL: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat
- Strategie rozvoje lidských zdrojů. Praha: Národní vzdělávací fond, Ministerstvo práce a sociálních věcí, 2003.
- WAHLA, Arnošt. Geografie vzdělání obyvatelstva : sborník příspěvků ze semináře ze dne 18. a 19. října 1988. Ostrava: Pedagogická fakulta v Ostravě, 1988. 84 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, group discussion, processing of secondary data and their interpretation, individual work
- Assessment methods
- Development of the project - geographic analysis of education at local level. Oral debate over the processed project.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2022/DGC015