PdF:FC1002 Mathematics for Physics - Course Information
FC1002 Mathematics for PhysicsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- PhDr. Mgr. Michaela Drexler (lecturer)
Mgr. Ivana Medková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Petr Sládek, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jan Válek, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sládek, CSc.
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Jachymiáková
Supplier department: Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- FC1002/Prez01: Thu 9:00–10:50 učebna 3, Thu 11:00–12:50 učebna 3, except Thu 27. 10., except, I. Medková, P. Sládek
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course provides the basics arranged knowledge of higher mathematics. The emphasis is placed on the logical structure of the science disciplines and to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for mastering the course of physics in high school.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will gain: Trivia: A comprehensive overview of knowledge on topics of vectors and differential and integral calculus of functions of one variable. Skills: Can use basic definitions and sentences and to make simple subsequent calculations, including application examples. Relate the subject matter physics to practical applications. Proving performed by a qualified estimate of value. Attitudes: To learn the values of objectivity and significance of scientific work.
- Syllabus (after weeks or blocks): I. Coordinates, vectors. 1.Cartesian coordinates on the line, the plane and space, polar coordinates. 2. The term vector, vector space, sum of vectors, scalar and vector product, the concept of vector base. II. Functions of one variable 1. Graphs, basic properties of functions. 2. Some elementary functions. 3. The term limits and continuity. 4. Derivative. 5. Differential. 6. The concept of primitive functions, indefinite integral. 7. Calculation of indefinite integrals. 8. Definite integral and its calculation. III. Series and sequences. 1. Series and sequences. 2. Taylor´s expansion. Syllabus exercises (after weeks or blocks): In exercises are consolidated solution skills jobs to lecture themes: I. Coordinates vectors. First Cartesian coordinates on the line, the plane and space, polar coordinates. 2. The term vector, vector space, vector addition, scalar and vector product, the concept of vector base. II. Functions of one variable II. Functions of one variable 1. Graph functions, basic properties of functions, 2. Some elementary functions. 3. The term limits and continuity. Derivative fourth. 5th differential. 6. The concept of primitive functions, indefinite integral. 7. Calculation of indefinite integrals. 8th Definite integral and its calculation. III. Series and sequences. The first series and sequences. Second Taylor expansion.
- required literature
- SLOVÁK, Jan, Martin PANÁK and Michal BULANT. Matematika drsně a svižně (Brisk Guide to Mathematics). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 773 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6307-5. doi:10.5817/CZ.MUNI.O210-6308-2013. Základní učebnice matematiky pro vysokoškolské studium info
- recommended literature
- SLÁDEK, Petr and Václav VACEK. Matematika pro fyziky I a II. Elportál. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2009. ISSN 1802-128X. URL info
- JIRÁSEK, František, Eduard KRIEGELSTEIN and Zdeněk TICHÝ. Sbírka řešených příkladů z matematiky. 2. nezm. vyd. Praha: Alfa, Státní nakladatelství technické literatury, 1981. 817 s., 30. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures and excercisses
- Assessment methods
- written and oral exam 3x partial written test, 50% of correct answers is needed to pass
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2022/FC1002