PdF:HTP016 English on level B1 - Course Information
HTP016 Foreign Language on level B1 for Doctoral Study - EnglishFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Musical Theory and Pedagogy (programme PdF, D-SPE) (2)
- Course objectives
- 1. Reading academic literature in the field of interest - 100 pages. 2. Key terminology in the field. 3. Communicative competence on the level of B1. 4. CV, annotation of the studied literature presented in writing.
- Learning outcomes
- The student is able to understand academic literature in their field of interest. They are able to present their topic at a conference using visual support. They understand key English terminology in their fields.
- Written part: The student submits the following materials by email: - annotation of literature (academic text related to the topic of the student's thesis) - information about the topic of the thesis - CV - list of specialized vocabulary from the field of interest Each item should be 1 page long. Oral part: The student presents the thesis, proves the knowledge of terminology and the communicative competence of the level of B1.
- recommended literature
- OXENDEN, Clive, Christina LATHAM-KOENIG and Paul SELIGSON. New English file. 1st pub. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005. 159 s. ISBN 0194384330. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students : with answers. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. x, 350. ISBN 052143680X. info
- SOARS, John and Liz SOARS. New Headway English course. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. 2 CD-ROM. ISBN 0194376095. info
- Teaching methods
- Independent study, consultations
- Assessment methods
- final project, oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/HTP016