PdF:JVk012 English for Teachers II - Course Information
JVk012 English for Teachers IIFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1.3. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Belinda Rachael Allan, M.Ed. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dita Hochmanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JVk012/01: Sat 10. 10. 12:00–14:50 učebna 63, Sat 17. 10. 17:00–19:50 učebna 63, Sat 31. 10. 13:00–15:50 učebna 63, Sat 5. 12. 13:00–15:50 učebna 63, Sat 19. 12. 13:00–15:50 učebna 63, D. Hochmanová
JVk012/02: Sat 10. 10. 12:00–14:50 učebna 58, Sat 17. 10. 17:00–19:50 učebna 57, Sat 31. 10. 13:00–15:50 učebna 57, Sat 5. 12. 13:00–15:50 učebna 58, Sat 19. 12. 13:00–15:50 učebna 58, B. Allan
- B1 level knowledge of English is required. The pre-intermediate student (B1) understands the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters. Can enter unprepared into conversation about familiar topics and connect ideas in a simple way. Can provide information, take messages, give simple instructions and deal with less routine problems, e.g. complaints. Can describe events, experiences, hopes and ambitions; give reasons, explanations of plans and opinions.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 31 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- By means of practically-oriented topics, students will develop all receptive (reading, listening) and productive (speaking, writing) language skills together with their grammar and vocabulary awareness within B2 level. Course objectives: 1) acquiring specialist terminology for individual disciplines and vocabulary related to a professional career; 2) practising B2 level grammar; 3) enhancing language skills (reading, listening, speaking, writing); 4) practising presentation and communication skills.
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the student will be able to: - understand spoken LSP texts at B1+ to B2 level of the CEFR; - understand written LSP texts at B1+ to B2 level of the CEFR; - produce a discursive essay; - succesfully participate in a spoken interaction dealing with relevant LSP issues at B1+ to B2 level of the CEFR; - use selected specialist terminology - show a good command of selected grammar structures at B1+ to B2 level of the CEFR; - inform about student's studies, job and professional future.
- Session 1 How to write a CV, Working with vocabulary (collocations)
- Session 2 Reading and summarizing, Motivating students + teachers and burnout, How to describe experience
- Session 3 General problems in schools, Listening + report
- Session 4 Sharing good practice How to give feedback,ADHD, How to give instructions, ADHD, Online learning
- Session 5 Sharing good practice, How to ask questions, Specific learning difficulties
- recommended literature
- E-learning: IS.MUNI.CZ
- COTTON, David, David FALVEY and Simon KENT. Market leader. New ed. Harlow: Longman, 2005. 176 s. ISBN 0582838096. info
- JONES, Leo and Richard ALEXANDER. New international business English : communication skills in English for business purposes : student's book [Jones, 2003]. Updated ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. 176 s. : i. ISBN 0-521-53173-X. info
- HASHEMI, Louise and Barbara THOMAS. Cambridge grammar for first certificate : with answers. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. xii, 260. ISBN 0521533368. info
- PRODROMOU, Luke. Grammar and vocabulary for first certificate : with key. Essex: Longman, 1999. 319 s. ISBN 9780582400184. info
- REDMAN, Stuart. English vocabulary in use :pre-intermediate & intermediate. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. vi, 263 s. ISBN 0-521-01171-X. info
- MCCARTHY, Michael and Felicity O'DELL. English vocabulary in use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999. 168 s. ISBN 0521599571. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate learners of English : with answers and ebook. Fourth edition with ebook. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press, 2015. x, 380. ISBN 9781107539341. info
- HASHEMI, Louise and Raymond MURPHY. English grammar in use supplementary exercises : with answers. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1995. 126 s. ISBN 0521449545. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students : with answers. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. x, 350. ISBN 052143680X. info
- Teaching methods
- The course instruction is realised through task based interactive sessions and through individual/autonomous assignments. Consultations are in the form of seminars designed for teaching English for specific and academic purposes (activities developing students' awareness of language skills and systems within B2 level - independent reading, listening and writing tasks; grammar and vocabulary practice; discussions and presentations)
- Assessment methods
- Level B2 language course. Credit requirements: 1) Active participation in seminars and careful preparation for each seminar (2 absences allowed) 2) Completing assigned in-term tasks (overal required score is 52 points) 3) Oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Kurz je ukončen písemnou a ústní zkouškou na úrovni B2.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět je vyučován v angličtině a je zakončen písemnou a ústní zkouškou na úrovni B2.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 20 hodin.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Vstupní znalost anglického jazyka min. na úrovni B1.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/JVk012