PdF:SKPC011 Educational Psychology - Course Information
SKPC011 Educational PsychologyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. et Mgr. Jan Mareš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Jiří Mareš, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. Jan Mareš, Ph.D.
Institute for Research in School Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Veličková
Supplier department: Institute for Research in School Education - Faculty of Education
- A synopsis of a foreign source from the field of educational psychology (as agreed with the examiner).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- School pedagogy (programme PdF, D-SKPED) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to focus on current learning problems, learning styles, selected issues from the psychology of teaching and education, personality development of both pupils and teachers from the psychological point of view and psychological aspects of pedagogical communication.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to apply the theories of educational psychology to the problem solved in the dissertation thesis and to write an essay that will prove this competence.
- Topics: The subject and development of educational psychology. The structure of educational psychology. Philosophical, ethical and methodological issues and research methods in educational psychology. The problem of educability. Aptitude, abilities, talent, dispositions. Psychology of learning. Learning and memory. Learning types. Learning theories. Learning and motivation. Aspiration level. The significance of feedback in learning. Transfer and interference. Psychology of intelligence. The types and structure of intelligence. Intelligence measuring. Mental retardation. Psychology of creativity. Creativity characteristics. Creativity and intelligence. Programmes stimulating the development of creativity. Learning and teaching. Psychodidactics. Psychological problems in choice and structuring of subject matter. Cognitive style and learning styles. School achievement. Nonintellectual and intellectual causes of poor record. The types of underachievers. Specific developmental learning disorders. Syndrome ADHD/ADD. The significance of psychological hygiene and psychology of health in pedagogical psychology. Psychological hygiene of examination. Psychological questions of education. Reward and punishment. Educational styles. Education and self-education. The employment of psychotherapeutic principles in education. Current problems in educational psychology. Deprivation and subdeprivation. Aggression. The child abuse syndrome. Behaviour disorders (lying, stealing, truancy, wandering). Neurotic disorders – the notion and basic classification. Psychological questions of youth misconduct. The issue of addictions. Pupils personality. Te personality concept. Personality definition and characterisation. The personality principle in education. Individual and typological differences among students. Family – home – school. Classroom as a social group. Classroom management. Roles of a pupil. Teacher – pupil interaction. Communication in a pedagogical situation. Psychology of teachers personality. Requirements on teachers personality. Teacher and pupil relationship. Psychology of pedagogical tact. Teachers reflection. Psychological questions of educational goals. The healthy personality concept. Educational-psychological counselling.
- required literature
- Alexander, R, P. A., Winne, P. H. (Eds.) Handbook of Educational Psychology. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erbaum Associates, 2006.
- Berliner, D. C., Calfee, R. C. (Eds.) Handbook of Educational Psychology. New York: Macmillan, 1998.
- Čáp, J., Mareš, J. Psychologie pro učitele. Praha: Portál, 2007.
- Fontana, D. Psychologie ve školní praxi. Praha: Portál, 2003.
- Kohoutek, R.:Základy užité psychologie. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2002.
- Mietzel, G. Pädagogische Psychologie des Lernens und Lehrens. Göttingen: Hogrefe-Verlag, 2007.
- Renkl, A. (Hrsg.) Lehrbuch Pädagogische Psychologie. Bern: Huber, 2008.
- Schneider, W., Hasselhorn, M. Handbuch der Pädagogischen Psychologie. Hogrefe Verlag, 2008.
- Zimmerman, B. J., Schunk, D. H. (Eds.) Educational Psychology. A century of contribution. Mahwah, NJ, US: Erlbaum, 2003.
- recommended literature
- Ďurič, L., Bratská, M. a kol. Pedagogická psychológia. Terminologický a výkladový slovník. Bratislava: SPN, 1997.
- Eysenck, M. W., Keane, M. T. Kognitivní psychologie. Praha: Academia, 2008.
- Kulič, V. Psychologie řízeného učení. Praha : Academia, 1990.
- Mareš, J., Křivohlavý, J. Komunikace ve škole. Brno: MU, 1995.
- Svoboda, M., Krejčířová, D., Vágnerová, M. (ed.), Psychodiagnostika dětí a dospívajících. Praha: Portál, 2001.
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, homeworks, reading
- Assessment methods
- Essay (3 - 5 pages) on the concluded topic from the educational psychology
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/SKPC011