PdF:SKPC012 Quantitative data analysis - Course Information
SKPC012 Quantitative metodology and statistical data analysisFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- PhDr. Petr Květon, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Mgr. Tomáš Janík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Petr Květon, Ph.D.
Institute for Research in School Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Veličková
Supplier department: Institute for Research in School Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- School pedagogy (programme PdF, D-SKPED) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide orientation in quantitative data analysis - focused on research proposal of students.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, students are able:
- to distinguish the methods of quantitative data analysis based on various criteria;
- to evaluate these methods regarding own research proposal;
- to apply various methods on own data set.
- 1) Basic research designs in quantitative research methodology in education.
- 2) Measuring in social science disciplines - semantic methods: semantic differential; - testing: terminology, approaches, construction etc.
- 3) Basic statistical analysis and presenting findings in quantitative studies.
- required literature
- Cooper, H. (2018). Reporting Quantitative Research in Psychology: How to Meet APA Style Journal Article Reporting Standards, 2nd edition. Washington: APA.
- Field, A., Miles, J., & Field, Z. (2013). Discovering Statistics Using SPSS. International Statistical Review. London: Sage Publications.
- Creswell, J. W. (2012). Educational Research: Planning, Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research. Boston: Pearson Education, Inc.
- recommended literature
- Urbánek, T., Denglerová, D., & Širůček, J. (2011). Měření v psychologii. Praha: Portál.
- Teaching methods
- working on project
- Assessment methods
- Designing and justifying proposal of quantitative data analysis in own research project.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/SKPC012