PdF:SZ6046 Educational and Psychology Ass - Course Information
SZ6046 Educational and Psychology Assessment in Teaching Practice (Exercise)Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Jan Mareš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Kohoutek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jana Obrovská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tereza Škubalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Eva Trnová, PhD. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dana Veselá, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Hana Koblihová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Monika Kupcová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jirina Karasova (assistant)
Bc. Dana Peňázová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- each odd Wednesday 12:00–13:50 učebna 50
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
SZ6046/01: each odd Monday 8:00–9:50 učebna 39, M. Kupcová, D. Veselá
SZ6046/03: each odd Monday 10:00–11:50 učebna 34, J. Karasova, M. Kupcová, E. Trnová
SZ6046/05: each odd Monday 13:00–14:50 učebna 38, J. Karasova, M. Kupcová, E. Trnová
SZ6046/06: each even Monday 13:00–14:50 učebna 38, J. Karasova, M. Kupcová, E. Trnová
SZ6046/07: each odd Monday 10:00–11:50 učebna 41, T. Kohoutek, D. Veselá
SZ6046/09: each odd Wednesday 10:00–11:50 učebna 41, J. Kratochvílová, J. Mareš
SZ6046/10: each even Wednesday 10:00–11:50 učebna 41, J. Kratochvílová, J. Mareš
SZ6046/11: each odd Monday 12:00–13:50 učebna 36, T. Kohoutek, D. Veselá
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6646 Educational and Psychological Assessment in Teaching Practice )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 48 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to enable future teachers to experience chosen methods of pedagogical-psychological diagnostics applied on themselves and in specific school applications. The goal is to be able to work with information that is available in the course of instruction and at school and also be capable of gaining additional data that is relevant to an understanding of individual learning specifics of a particular pupil, screening for common issues and work with the class as a group. This is a follow-up course, preceded by more narrowly designed course in undergraduate studies. Students learn to work with data available at school in a reliable a valid way to make decisions and changes in teaching and maintainance or development of successful teaching (evidence bassed instruction). They learn to identify indicators of potential issues, use available data and gain necessary data by learning to choose appropriate tool, to evaluate data and interpret it, to propose measures and to evaluate them. Based on the data they learn to decide on differentiation and individualization in teaching, expert support, evaluation of the effectiveness of their practice. They learn to communicate results to colleagues, pupils, parents and experts.
- Learning outcomes
- On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- explain basic approaches of diagnosing school-aged children in the class (or group of children) and at school.
- formulate an objective of comprehensive diagnostic procedure, select appropriate diagnostic tools and information resources.
- construct a didactic test or more extensive questionnaire.
- analyze the data using basic techniques, interpret results, present it orally and in writing in an understandable way to colleagues, pupils and parents and suggest implementation and action at an individual level.
- Lecture No. 1, seminar No. 1 (taught by a psychologist)
- The use of diagnostics and its goals in various areas of teacher's work. Counseling system in education. Cooperation with experts when diagnosing students and finding appropriate measures to support their learning and development. Ethics in the diagnostic process, ethics of working with results. Self-diagnostics in teacher's work.
- Assignment of a portfolio task and requirements for completing the course. An example of inspiring practice and working with it: analysis of the process, cooperation, result and measures. Work with results and their communication (individual specificity).
- Lecture No. 2, Seminar No. 2 (taught by a pedagogue)
- Diagnosis of pupils' results. Approaches to diagnosing students' learning difficulties. Formative assessment and assessment for/as learning . Student preconcepts and misconcepts (concept cartoons, concept maps).
- Seminar: Diagnosing students' difficulties in practice. Preparation of the oral exam.
- Lecture No. 3, seminar No. 3 (taught by a pedagogue)
- Diagnosis of pupils' results. School didactic tests (creation, operational structure of the task in relation to the objectives, examples of good and worse items, results and classification). Use of tests for formative assessment. Strategies for oral and written examination.
- Creation of a didactic test or oral exam and evaluation criteria.
- Lecture No. 4, seminar No. 4 (taught by a psychologist)
- Diagnostics of pupils' behavior, diagnostics of problematic behavior: observation, diagnostics of interaction, self-assessment of pupils. Individual educational plan. The role of the teacher as a contact person in case of behavioral problems, cooperation with the school counseling center and other specialists (psychologist, psychotherapist, educational care center, etc.) and work with the recommendations of specialists. Cooperation with parents. Pupil support in the classroom. Problem prevention, intervention and prevention.
- Work with diagnostic methods (observation, interview, analysis of activity products, projective methods), and tools. Creation of an individual educational plan.
- required literature
- Standardy pro pedagogické a psychologické testování. 1. české vyd. Praha: Testcentrum, 2001. 192 s. ISBN 8086471071. info
- HRABAL, Vladimír and Isabella PAVELKOVÁ. Jaký jsem učitel. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2010. 239 s. ISBN 9788073677558. info
- Gavora, P. (1999). Akí su moji žiaci? Pedagogická diagnostika žiaka. Práca: Bratislava.
- MERTIN, Václav and Lenka KREJČOVÁ. Metody a postupy poznávání žáka : pedagogická diagnostika. Vyd. 1. Praha: Wolters Kluwer Česká republika, 2012. 343 s. ISBN 9788073576790. info
- CHRÁSKA, Miroslav. Didaktické testy : příručka pro učitele a studenty učitelství. Brno: Paido, 1999. 91 s. ISBN 8085931680. info
- KUBISZYN, Tom. Educational testing and measurement : classroom application and practice. Edited by Gary D. Borich. 9th ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2010. xv, 495. ISBN 9780470522813. info
- not specified
- BROOKHART, Susan M. and Anthony J. NITKO. Educational assessment of students. Eighth edition. NY: Pearson, 2019. xiv, 535. ISBN 9780134807072. info
- NITKO, Anthony J. and Susan M. BROOKHART. Educational assessment of students. Sixth edition. Harlow: Pearson, 2014. ii, 482. ISBN 9781292041025. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, homework, reading
- Assessment methods
- The criteria for the course-unit credit: the portfolio of tasks: implementation of diagnostic activities. Creation of a particular tasks.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/SZ6046