PdF:VVb005 Art History 2 - Course Information
VVb005 Art History 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. et Mgr. MgA. Ondřej Navrátil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. MgA. Ondřej Navrátil, Ph.D.
Department of Art - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Jitka Juřicová
Supplier department: Department of Art - Faculty of Education
- Thu 8:00–9:50 učebna 1
- The History of Art The Development of Art Culture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course broadens knowledge and deepens the understanding of the medieval art. At the end of the course students will be able to understand and explain classification, forms and transformations of the medieval art. In addition to the basic facts, they will be able to interpret religious, historical background of changes of the forms of art. Students will be able to hand down acquired information, to apply it in their view of their surroundings and to use in orientation in their personal creative development.
- Learning outcomes
- The student is able after graduation:
-name the basic periods of the medieval art, key works and personalities after completing the educational unit;
-interpret works of art on the background of cultural, historical and other phenomena;
-appreciate the importance of art for society and its personal development;
-hand down acquired information;
- Characteristics of the Middle Ages and its basic stages
- religion, culture and history of the Middle Ages in relation to art
- Byzantine art
- Pre-romanesque art
- Romanesque art
- Gothic art
- Románské umění : architektura - sochařství - malířství. Edited by Rolf Toman, Translated by Jan M. Heller - Miroslav Koláč - Jiří Ma. První vydání. [Praha]: Slovart, 2006. 480 stran. ISBN 8072097652. info
- BARTLOVÁ, Milena. Průvodce studiem dějin středověkého výtvarného umění. Vyd. 1. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2003. 150 s. ISBN 8021032960. info
- Gotika : architektura - plastika - malířství. Edited by Rolf Toman, Photo by Achim Bednorz. 1. české vyd. V Praze: Slovart, 2000. 521 s. ISBN 8072092480. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, consultation
- Assessment methods
- presentation, essay, written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/VVb005