PdF:VZpM33 Mental Health Promotion - Course Information
VZpM33 Mental Health PromotionFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Mgr. Alice Prokopová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Evžen Řehulka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Evžen Řehulka, CSc.
Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Fri 15. 11. 9:00–13:50 učebna 27
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-VZ2) (2)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to present the area of health psychology with a focus on supporting mental health, disease prevention, and effective methods of supporting mental health, both theoretically and practically based on self-experience.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will:
- Understand the protective and risk factors of mental health, including their associations and contexts,
- Be able to apply the knowledge in the area of promotion of mental health and prevention of mental diseases.
- Content of seminars:
- 1. Psychology of health, basic concepts;
- 2. Protective and risk factors of mental health;
- 3. Various theoretical approaches to mental health protection;
- 4. Psychotherapy – various psychotherapeutic directions – basic overview;
- 5. Personality change from various perspectives;
- 6. Efficient factors of mental health promotion;
- 7. Methods of mental health promotion I;
- 8. Methods of mental health promotion II;
- 9. Methods of mental health promotion III;
- 10. ‘Flow phenomenon’ – an inspiring concept in the context of health promotion;
- 11. Significance of self-reflection, self-knowledge;
- 12. Selected methods aimed at self-knowledge.
- Teaching methods
- At the beginning of the term students shall select their preferred way of completing the course; one of them is a continuous seminar paper, the other one is active participation in a group aimed at mental health promotion methods.
- Assessment methods
- A precondition for successful completion of the course is either submission of a seminar paper on a selected aspect of mental health promotion (assignment and instructions – see ‘Teacher Information’), or active participation in a single self-experience teaching block held on Fridays aimed at specific health promotion methods.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/VZpM33