PdF:Ze0131 Applied methods of research - Course Information
Ze0131 Applied methods of researchFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Jozef Lopuch (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Ze0131/01: Wed 18:00–19:50 učebna 4, J. Lopuch
Ze0131/02: Tue 18:00–19:50 učebna 5, J. Lopuch
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, GIS and basic knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geography for Education (programme PdF, B-ZE3S) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to teach students in active way about:
1. The subject of geography as a field of study
2. Topics researched by geographers
3. Research methods used by geographers
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
Search, collect, organize and interpret geographic information and data sources.
Analyse data sets using qualitative and quantitative methods.
Present geographic research findings with use of maps.
- 1. Brief introduction.
- 2. Overview of topics researched by contemporary geographers.
- 3. Overview of research methods that are used in contemporary geography.
- 4. Research problem/question formulation, research project design.
- 5. Data presentation.
- recommended literature
- Key methods in geography. Edited by Shaun French - Thomas Gillespie - Meghan Cope - N. J. Clifford. Third edition. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2016. xxx, 722. ISBN 9781446298602. info
- Research methods in geography : a critical introduction. Edited by Basil Gomez - John Paul Jones. First published. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, a John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Publication, 2010. xix, 459. ISBN 9781405107112. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Assessment of assignments, assessment of the final presentation of group work.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2023/Ze0131