PdF:RV2MP_3POZ Health Protection - Course Information
RV2MP_3POZ Health ProtectionFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. MUDr. Drahoslava Hrubá, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Martínková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Marie Havelková, CSc.
Department of Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Miloslava Marková
- Thu 15:15–16:00 učebna 27
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Family Education and Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The objective is to broaden students’ knowledge in the field of health prevention and health support. The course is a logical follow-up of the courses in the bachelor study program (Basics of Education Towards Health 1, 2; Humans and their Environment, Health Support Programs, etc.). Emphasis is given on the importance of primary and secondary prevention for the population’s health. Students will acquire the basic knowledge of types of prevention, their objects and aims, the identification and conduct of health hazards, and the communication of hazards. Information on epidemiology, etiology, and prevention of mass diseases will give the students an adequate knowledge that is necessary for their active investigation of possibilities to influence health and health condition of the population in the Czech Republic.
- Diseases that mostly influence chronic morbidity and mortality of the population in developed countries, incl. the Czech Republic (heart and blood diseases, malignancy), are preventable: their origin and progress is decisively influenced by people’s life-style. Despite the fact that the diseases concern people of middle and higher age, their time of origin falls within the period of childhood and adolescence. Family and school thus play a significant role in education toward health. 1. Prevention. Importance of primary and secondary prevention for the population’s health. Basic preventive programs in the world and in CZ. 2. Geographical differences in mortality and morbidity in the world and in CZ. 3. Analysis of prevention of basic health hazards. Civilian diseases – epidemiology, etiology, prevention. 4. Health support as the synthesis of education and activities producing conditions favorable to health support. 5. Parents and teachers as the most important link toward health support.
- Kotulán J a kol: Preventivní lékařství I, II. LF MU, 1991, 1992
- Assessment methods
- class disussion
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.