PdF:SZ7BP_DUP1 The Introduction to Pedagogy - Course Information
SZ7BP_DUP1 The History of Pedagogy and the Introduction to PedagogyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Miroslav Janda (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Stanislav Střelec, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Oldřich Šimoník, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. PaedDr. Jana Škrabánková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PaedDr. Bohumíra Šmahelová, CSc. (lecturer)
PaedDr. Jan Šťáva, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kateřina Pěčková (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Stanislav Střelec, CSc.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Ludmila Bauerová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ7BP_DUP1/01: Mon 8:50–9:35 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, S. Střelec, B. Šmahelová
SZ7BP_DUP1/02: Mon 9:45–10:30 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, S. Střelec, B. Šmahelová
SZ7BP_DUP1/03: Tue 11:35–12:20 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, S. Střelec, B. Šmahelová
SZ7BP_DUP1/04: Tue 12:30–13:15 učebna 50, R. Pospíšil, S. Střelec, B. Šmahelová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 43 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The subject is divided to two parts. Entry to the educational problems and History of education. The subject gives the student the entrance to the extensive problems of the pedagogic theory. Students are ought to undrstand textures, content and nomenclature of pedagogy and its disciplines and to understand them so, they could use them in another subjects (e.g . theory and philosophy upbringing). The subject underlies for others theoretic and practical study of pedagogy. Purposes subject is give to student theoretic base, to were able to: - comprehend personage-social conditionality upbringing and education - know most considerable representative world's and Czech pedagogy, their works and pedagogic views - equate to individual pedagogic views and allowance educational conception in definite historical epoch and extant and affect their contribution for contemporary time and future development.
- Pedagogy as a scientific discipline. Subject of pedagogy (upbringing). The structure of pedagogy (system of the pedagogic disciplines). The relevancy of pedagogy for a society (theoretic and practical). Upbringing, conception of upbringing (significant community service, development of basic qualities of the personality, the preparation of individuals for the social roles, the development in a cultural regions - components of upbringing). The municipal line of upbringing.The periods of upbringing. Possibilities and limits of upbringing. The basic pedagogic categories (goals, content, forms, means, conditions, agents, principles, upbringing, school instruction, teaching). 1. History of pedagogic thinking. Subject of pedagogy history. Beginning of pedagogic thinking in old Greece and Rome culture. Antique thinkers (Sokrates, Platon, Aristoteles, Quintilianus). 2. Upbringing and school in medieval times. Scholastic. Tomas Akvinsky. 3. Renaissance pedagogy (More, Rabelais, da Feltre, Montaigne) Reformation and anti-reformation pedagogy. 4. J.A. Komenský pedagogic legacy (life, work and pedagogic system). 5. Pedagogic thinking development in 17.-19. century - Locke, Rousseau, Pestalozzi, Herbart, Fröbel, Diesterweg, Ušinskij, Tolstoj, Bosco, Spencer, Dewey et al.. 6. Czech education and pedagogy development (Ryba, Amerling, Filcík, Svoboda, Lindner, Masaryk, Kádner, Chlup, Příhoda et al..) 7. Foreign pedagogic reformism. Democratic tradition of Czech School. 8. Main streams of pedagogy in 20. century - experimental, existentialist, neotomistical, anti-authoritative, Soviet, post modernistic pedagogy. 9. Foreign pedagogic systems and Czech progressive tradition as inspiration for modern Czech School: waldorf, montessory, frainet, dalton school, project Start together, Health school et al.. Alternative schools and their development in our country.
- Assessment methods
- Lecture. Colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information