PdF:CJV_AJA2k Entrance Test A2 - Course Information
CJV_AJA2k Entrance Test A2 - EnglishFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jana Kollárová (lecturer)
Mgr. Radka Mlýnková (lecturer)
Mgr. Gabriela Hublová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jiří Vacek, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Daniela Dvořáková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jana Kollárová
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- CJV_AJA2k/01: Wed 8:50–12:20 budova C - 01011, G. Hublová
CJV_AJA2k/02: Mon 8:50–11:25 budova C - 01002, J. Kollárová
CJV_AJA2k/03: Mon 8:50–11:25 budova C - 01008, R. Mlýnková
CJV_AJA2k/04: Wed 7:55–9:35 budova C - 01011, J. Vacek
- A2 level knowledge of English (Level A2 is defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and usually requires two years of previous study when studying 2 to 3 hours a week).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- (NB: Students studying a foreign language as the main course of their study do not register for Entrance test A2 and the information below does not concern them in any way.) WHO IS OBLIGED TO REGISTER FOR ENTRANCE TEST A2: The compulsory study of a foreign language is part of the study programmes “Special Education” and “Social Pedagogy”. Students can choose English or German. In the first semester, they register for Entrance test A2 in one of the offered languages. If they are credited, they may register for “English/German for Social/Special Educators A” in the second semester, and a follow-up course “B” in the third semester. In case of poor knowledge, we recommend students to register for the Entrance test A2 only in their third semester. THE AIM OF THE ENTRANCE TEST A2 is to test the current knowledge of foreign language at the minimum required level A2 and treat all students equally. Follow-up compulsorily-optional courses of foreign languages at the Faculty of Education are taught at level B1 (Bachelor degree) and B2 (Master degree); B2 = “maturita” exam level. The courses develop academic and specialist language. B1, resp. B2 level of knowledge of at least one foreign language is one of the of the key competences of MU university graduates, which gives the study of a foreign language importance equal to that of the main study discipline(s).
- The organisation of the Entrance test A2 course: 1)introductory consultation (course introduction, introduction to language education at the Faculty of Education) – the date of the consultation is announced by email before the semester starts; 2)mock test in “odpovědníky” in is.muni (structure and level matches the credit test) 3)self-study for the credit test based on recommended literature and electronic tests (“odpovědníky”) in is.muni; 4)credit test in the exam period (January/February) INFORMATION ABOUT THE CREDIT TEST: Level: A2; Structure: listening (approx. 10 marks); reading comprehension (approx. 10 marks); vocabulary and grammar (approx. 20 marks). Pass mark: 70%, duration 25 – 30 min. Materials for self-study and practice are available on: http://moodlinka.ped.muni.cz/course/view.php?id=1565 Grammar survey (A2): to be; articles; this/that/these/those; have got; the Possessive; Present simple; like/hate…sth. /doing sth.; adverbs of frequency; can/can’t; There is/are…;some, any, no; how much, how many; was/were; Past simple(regular/irregular verbs); Comparative and superlative adjectives; Present continuous; Future intentions: Going to/would like to and want to; Infinitive of purpose; will, might; Present perfect; Time phrases with present perfect and past simple; Prepositions of place, movement and time; must, have to, don’t have to. Vocabulary survey (A2): Countries, nationalities; Jobs; Everyday objects; Family vocabulary; Common verbs; Daily routines; Transport; Food (countable and uncountable nouns); Dates, years, decades and centuries; Shops and shopping; Clothes; Animals and natural features; Weather; City and countryside; Education and careers; Communication; Describing things, people and events.
- Materials for self-study and practice: http://moodlinka.ped.muni.cz/course/view.php?id=1565
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in Use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. xi, 319. ISBN 9780521675802. info
- SOARS, Liz and John SOARS. New Headway English course. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. 143 s. ISBN 0194366774. info
- SOARS, Liz and John SOARS. New Headway English course. [s anglicko-českým slovníčkem]. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. 96 s. ISBN 0194375722. info
- CUNNINGHAM, Sarah, Peter MOOR and Frances EALES. Cutting edge. [with mini-dictionary]. Harlow: Longman, 2001. 159 s. ISBN 0582403944. info
- CUNNINGHAM, Sarah and Peter MOOR. Cutting edge : elementary : workbook : [with key]. Harlow: Longman, 2001. 110 s. ISBN 0582403936. info
- VINCE, Michael and Kevin MCNICHOLAS. Elementary language practice with key : English grammar and vocabulary. Oxford: Macmillan, 2003. 288 s. ISBN 9781405007641. info
- SWAN, Michael and Catherine WALTER. The good grammar book : a grammar practice book for elementary to lower-intermediate students of English : with answers. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. xii, 324. ISBN 0194315193. info
- MCCARTHY, Michael and Felicity O'DELL. English vocabulary in use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999. 168 s. ISBN 0521599571. info
- Teaching methods
- 1) Introductory consultation; 2) Mock test providing feedback on achieved level of English; 3) Self-study by means of recommended literature and electronic tests (is.muni).
- Assessment methods
- A pass in CREDIT TEST. ORGANISATION OF CREDIT TEST: Credit tests take place once a year in January/February. There are three options to sit the test: regular, 1st re-sit and 2nd re-sit; students are obliged to REGISTER BY MEANS OF IS.MUNI (dates are announced in December). In order to be credited, students must score at least 70% (i.e. 28 marks out of 40). Test structure: listening, reading, grammar and vocabulary. Entrance A2 course is compulsory for all students without exception; neither “maturita” exam nor international certificates are recognised as its equivalent.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Vstupní test pro studenty bakalářského komb. studia. Tento test jazykových znalostí si student zapíše v podzimním semestru, test na úrovni A2 složí v lednu, a předmět bude absolvovat v jarním semestru.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Vstupní test nutno úspěšně absolvovat před zapsáním předmětu Angličtina pro soc (resp. spec) ped.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- JV006 English for Study Abroad
CJV_AJA2 || CJV_AJA2k || CJV_NJA2 || CJV_NJA2k || CJV_RJA2 || CJV_RJA2k || JVp001 || JVp002 || JVp003 || JVk001 || JVk002 || JVk003
- SC4BK_CJAJ English for Social Educators
CJV_AJA2k || CJV_AJA2
- SZ3BK_CJAJ English for Technology Teachers
CJV_AJA2k || CJV_AJA2
- SZ7BP_1AB1 English for Teachers - A
CJV_AJA2 || CJV_AJA2k || souhlas
- JV006 English for Study Abroad