PdF:RV2MP_3POZ Health Protection - Course Information
RV2MP_3POZ Health ProtectionFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Jana Gajdošová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc.
Department of Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Michaela Daňková
- Mon 15:15–16:00 učebna 27
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Family Education and Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, student should be able to : - define Human health, its support and protection - apply informations actively - identify health endangerous factors - understand meaning of family and school for health support - enumerates main preventive programmes in the world and in Czech republic
- Diseases that mostly influence chronic morbidity and mortality of the population in developed countries, incl. the Czech Republic (heart and blood diseases, malignancy), are preventable: their origin and progress is decisively influenced by people’s life-style. Despite the fact that the diseases concern people of middle and higher age, their time of origin falls within the period of childhood and adolescence. Family and school thus play a significant role in education toward health. 1. Prevention. Importance of primary and secondary prevention for the population’s health. Basic preventive programs in the world and in CZ. 2. Geographical differences in mortality and morbidity in the world and in CZ. 3. Analysis of prevention of basic health hazards. Civilian diseases – epidemiology, etiology, prevention. 4. Health support as the synthesis of education and activities producing conditions favorable to health support. 5. Parents and teachers as the most important link toward health support.
- Kotulán J a kol: Preventivní lékařství I, II. LF MU, 1991, 1992
- KOTULÁN, Jaroslav and Drahoslava HRUBÁ. Preventivní lékařství :učební text pro lékařské fakulty. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1993. 207 s. ISBN 80-210-0563-7. info
- KOTULÁN, Jaroslav, Drahoslava HRUBÁ and Vladimír BENCKO. Preventivní lékařství :učební text pro lékařské fakulty. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1993. 285 s. ISBN 80-210-0336-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, study hours and discussions
- Assessment methods
- Verbal exam –teoretical knowledge, seminary work (30 themes in database)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.