PdF:SZ6600 Introduction to Education and - Course Information
SZ6600 Introduction to Education and PsychologyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jana Létalová (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Kateřina Lojdová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tereza Škubalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. David Havelka, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Kateřina Lojdová, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- each odd Tuesday 13:00–13:50 učebna 22 and each even Tuesday 13:00–13:50 učebna 22
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6000 The Introduction into Education and Psychology )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English Language for Education (programme PdF, B-AJ3SA) (2)
- Teacher Training in Foreign Languages - English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with basic orientation in the broad issue of teaching and assistant jobs. Students will become acquainted with basic terminology and content of education and psychology so that they can use the knowledge not only in follow-up courses, but also in refining their professional thinking. The aim of the course is to introduce basic terminology, theories and development of education, general psychology and psychology of personality. The content of the course will show students relationships between education and psychology and other socio-scientific fields and indicate possibilities of usage of education and psychology knowledge in teaching and assistant jobs. Completion of the course is a prerequisite for studying other educational and psychological disciplines.
Two-hour lectures will be taught by teachers from the department of education and the department of psychology.
- Learning outcomes
- Learning outcomes:
After completing the course, the student will be able to: • understand the basics and terminology of education and psychology;
• read common educational and psychological texts for teacher, understand them and think about them creatively;
• distinguish between academic education and psychology knowledge and common popular education and psychology knowledge.
- Main topics:
- 1. Education as a scientific field. Determinants for upbringing and education. Basic categories and terminology.
- 2. Object of psychology and its development. Conditionality of psyche. Cognition, sensation and perception.
- 3. Process of upbringing and education. Chosen models of upbringing and education.
- 4. Attention, memory, imagination. Thinking, problem solving.
- 5. Educational professions and their fundamentals. Reflection a self-reflection of a teacher. Professional portfolio.
- 6. Thinking and speech. Intelligence, abilities. Creativity.
- 7. Pupil at school. Characteristics of pupils (gender, social status, etc.).
- 8. Learning. Learning outcomes, types of learning. Emotions.
- 9. National curriculum and educational standards. School as an institution, organization, community.
- 10. Personality – term, definition, structure and dynamics. Motivation, needs.
- 11. School system in the Czech Republic. Results and effects of education.
- 12. Stress, stressors, burnout syndrome, psycho-hygiene. Volition a volition processes, decision-making.
- Additional information:
- Cross-sectional topics
- 1. Educational aspects of inclusion, diversity (inclusion) from the point of view of education and psychology;
- 2. How to use findings from education and psychology;
- 3. Professional portfolio of a teacher – characteristics.
- recommended literature
- BLACK-HAWKINS, Kristine, Lani FLORIAN and Martyn ROUSE. Achievement and inclusion in schools. First published. London: Routledge, 2007. vii, 161. ISBN 9780415391986. info
- ATKINSON, Rita L. Hilgard's introduction to psychology. Edited by Carolyn D. Smith. 13th ed. Fort Worth: Harcourt College, 2000. xxiii, 768. ISBN 015508044X. info
- PAŘÍZEK, Vlastimil. Základy obecné pedagogiky. Praha: Pedagogická fakulta UK, 1996. 76 s. info
- not specified
- Kalat, J. W. (2014). Introduction to psychology. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- written test (70% of correct answers is needed to pass)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses