PdF:VZpM42 Methodology - Health Education - Course Information
VZpM42 Methodology - Health Education 3Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Mgr. Lenka Adámková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc.
Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VZpM31 Methodology - Health Education 2
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-VZ2) (2)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is psychodidactic application of theoretical knowledge in practice. An emphasis is on the reflection and evaluation of the students’ teaching attempts during their teaching experience, and on acquiring and deepening practical experience and skills in working with elementary school children. The course includes programming of the learning content in elementary school.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will: - Be able to use the knowledge of general didactics and other educational and psychological disciplines included in the common scientific basis of teacher training courses, - Be able to develop a thematic plan of health education based on an analysis of cross-curricular relations, - Be able to didactically transform the topics included in the Framework educational programme for elementary education, - Be able to prepare and deliver health education, - Be able to analyse and assess health education classes, - Be able to define specific problems associated with teaching health education in elementary school.
- Content of seminars: 1. Reflection of teaching experience; 2. Development of a thematic plan; 3. Teacher preparation for classes. Student motivation. Activating teaching methods in health education; 4. Application of various teaching methods in health education; 5. Application of group teaching in health education; 6. Observation and analysis of health education classes; 7. Students’ self-reflection; 8. Reflection and assessment of undergraduate training; 9. Formulation and modification of a teacher of health education.
- required literature
- recommended literature
- ČAPEK, Robert. Moderní didaktika : lexikon výukových a hodnoticích metod. Vydání 1. Praha: Grada, 2015. 604 stran. ISBN 9788024734507. info
- PASCH, Marvin. Od vzdělávacího programu k vyučovací hodině. Vyd. 2. Praha: Portál, 2005. 416 s. ISBN 8073670542. info
- PETTY, Geoffrey. Moderní vyučování. Translated by Štěpán Kovařík. 2. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2002. 380 s. ISBN 80-7178-681-0. info
- HUNTER, Madeline C. Účinné vyučování v kostce. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1999. 101 s. ISBN 8071782203. info
- Program podpory zdraví ve škole : rukověť projektu Zdravá škola. Edited by Miluše Havlínová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1998. 275 s. ISBN 8071782637. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is delivered in the form of seminars. Students shall discuss various topics as per the course syllabus.
- Assessment methods
- Students shall carefully study the school educational programme of the school where they undergo their teaching practice, and focus on how health education in integrated in the school educational programme. These findings shall be summarized in a seminar paper.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.