PdF:JVp016 English for SE - B - Course Information
JVp016 English for Special Educators - BFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Dita Hochmanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miryana Georgieva Slavíková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Anna Bízková Doleželová (assistant)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JVp016/01: Mon 20. 9. to Mon 13. 12. Mon 16:00–17:50 učebna 33, D. Hochmanová
JVp016/03: Thu 23. 9. to Thu 16. 12. Thu 12:00–13:50 učebna 63, D. Hochmanová
JVp016/04: Tue 21. 9. to Tue 14. 12. Tue 12:00–13:50 učebna 63, M. Slavíková
JVp016/05: Tue 21. 9. to Tue 14. 12. Tue 10:00–11:50 učebna 57, M. Slavíková
JVp016/06: Wed 22. 9. to Wed 15. 12. Wed 12:00–13:50 učebna 59, M. Slavíková
JVp016/07: Tue 21. 9. to Tue 14. 12. Tue 8:00–9:50 učebna 65, M. Slavíková
JVp016/08: Thu 23. 9. to Thu 16. 12. Thu 12:00–13:50 učebna 27, M. Slavíková
JVp016/09: Thu 23. 9. to Thu 16. 12. Thu 8:00–9:50 učebna 63, M. Slavíková
JVp016/10: Wed 22. 9. to Wed 15. 12. Wed 10:00–11:50 učebna 58, M. Slavíková
- JVp015 English for SE - A
In the compulsorily-optional English for Special Educators B, the students will continue to develop their language and academic skills in English on B1 level. The English for Special Educators B course can be attended only by those students who finished the course English for Special Educators A successfully.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course English for Special Educators B is to develop students' language skills and some academic skills in English on B1 level. Students will also learn some specialist vocabulary/terminology connected to their field of study (on B1 level).
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the student will be able to: understand spoken as well as written LSP language at B1 level of the CEFR; successfully participate in a spoken interaction dealing with relevant LSP issues; give an oral presentation on their experience in the field/a project they would like to realize; summarize a specialized text related to their field of studies, address a specialist from their field in a formal letter; show a good command of grammar structures and vocabulary at B1 level of the CEFR.
- SP4BP_2AB1 English for Special Educators B
- Topics: Revision of special needs terminology, Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Intellectual Disability, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Speech Impairments, Specific Learning Difficulties, Physical Impairment
- required literature
- E-learning resources in IS.MUNI.CZ
- recommended literature
- DVOŘÁČKOVÁ, Veronika, Dita HOCHMANOVÁ and Dita TRČKOVÁ. Anglická terminologie pro učitele Praktický průvodce (English Terminology for Teachers - Practical Guide). Praha: Grada, 2021. 223 pp. ISBN 978-80-271-2470-1. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. x, 379. ISBN 0521532892. info
- not specified
- NAYLOR, Helen and Raymond MURPHY. Essential grammar in use supplementary exercises : with answers. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. 106 s. ISBN 052146997X. info
- CRAVEN, Miles. Listening extra : a resource book of multi-level skills activities. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. 136 s. ISBN 0521754623. info
- Teaching methods
- task based 100-minute seminars, activities and tasks developing students' language skills and competencies, class and group discussions, individual assignments, grammar and vocabulary practice, presentations, mind-mapping, presentation and soft skills practice, opinion and information sharing, giving arguments etc.
- Assessment methods
- In-term requirements: 1) Active participation in seminars and careful preparation for each seminar + attendance 2) Summary of a specialized text 3) Formal letter to a specialist 4) Practical training/project presentation 5) Vocabulary mind map Students need to get at least 65% altogether from the tasks to be allowed to take the oral exam. Final oral exam in the exam period
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Kurz je ukončen písemnou a ústní zkouškou na úrovni B1 SERRJ.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/JVp016