PdF:SP3173 Hearing Impairments 3 - Course Information
SP3173 Hearing Impairments 3Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- PhDr. Lenka Vrbecká Doležalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Lenka Vrbecká Doležalová, Ph.D.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Lenka Vrbecká Doležalová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SP3173/Kombi01: Fri 22. 9. 14:00–19:50 učebna 42, Fri 10. 11. 8:00–13:50 učebna 5, Fri 24. 11. 8:00–13:50 učebna 5, Fri 1. 12. 8:00–13:50 učebna 5, L. Vrbecká Doležalová
SP3173/Prez01: Tue 8:00–11:50 učebna 60, L. Vrbecká Doležalová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- SP3172 Hearing Impairments 2
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Speech and Language Therapy (programme PdF, B-LOG) (2)
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course is to acquire basic knowledge about the diagnostics of auditory defects and methods of special education diagnostics - hearing impairments, information on objective and subjective hearing tests, comprehensive examination, possibilities of cooperation of special educatior with other specialists - phoniatrist, ENT physician, psychologist and neurologist. Students will become familiar with the methods of hearing examination, will acquire the skills needed to carry out the orientation examination using a portable audiometer. Early care services will be presented within the subject, namely the work of the Tamtam Children's hearing Center, as well as services provided specifically by the pedagogical center for the hearing impaired. Emphasis will be put on the importance of early hearing-based language education, its application in practice and the use of hearing aids. The course also contains information reflecting the current legislative conditions for the education of individuals with hearing impairment and for the provision of counseling services in schools and school counseling facilities. Specific examples of children with hearing disabilities who are or were in the care of the above-mentioned facilities will be presented within the subject.
- Learning outcomes
- • The student will acquire basic knowledge of diagnostic process of hearing impairment. The student copes with basic knowledge of special educational diagnostics; • orientation in the possibilities of the diagnostic process in the period of preparation for compulsory school attendance and preparation for the employment of students with hearing impairment; • the student can describe a system of early intervention in children with hearing impairment in the Czech Republic; • the student is able to characterize the work processes and the importance of teamwork of experts participating in the care of a deaf children in early age.
- Anatomy and physiology of the auditory system. Hearing and its meaning, consequences of hearing impairment. Diagnosis of auditory defects, screening of hearing disorders in newborns, possibility of follow-up care. Special pedagogical diagnostics surdopedic. Ensuring Early Intervention in Hearing Impairments in the Czech Republic. Special education centers for the hearing impaired. Hearing Prosthetics. Early hearing-based language education for people with hearing impairment. Early communication with a child with hearing impairment in a hearing and deaf family. Developing communication skills in children with hearing impairment in pre-school and younger school age.
- DOLEŽALOVÁ, Lenka and Lenka HRICOVÁ. Sluchové postižení (Hearing impairment). In Bartoňová, M., Bytešníková, I., Vítková, M. et al. Děti se speciálními vzdělávacími potřebami v mateřské škole. Texty k distančnímu vzdělávání. Brno: Paido, 2012. p. 135-155. ISBN 978-80-7315-237-6. info
- HORÁKOVÁ, Radka. Sluchové postižení - úvod do surdopedie (Hearing Impairment - An Introduction to Deaf Education). Praha. Praha: Portál, 2012. 159 pp. 376 - Výchova a vzdělávání zvláštních skupin osob. ISBN 978-80-262-0084-0. info
- HORÁKOVÁ, Radka. Sluchové postižení : úvod do surdopedie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2012. 159 s. ISBN 9788026200840. info
- POTMĚŠIL, Miloň. Sluchové postižení a sebereflexe. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Karolinum, 2007. 197 s. ISBN 9788024613000. info
- Teaching methods
- lecture, self-study and reading of professional texts, discussion of professional texts and practical examples
- Assessment methods
- written test (it is necessary to successfully cope with 75 % correct answers); oral exam; case study
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 bloky pro kombinované studium.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2023/SP3173