FaF:FDGMB_FAF Microbiology - Course Information
FDGMB_FAF MicrobiologyFaculty of Pharmacy
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 25 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PharmDr. Jakub Treml, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PharmDr. Alice Sychrová, Ph.D.
Faculty of Pharmacy
- FAKULTA ( FaF )
Basic knowledge of microbiology and methods used in microbiology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Pharmacognosy (programme FaF, PH_Fg) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on current issues of pharmaceutical microbiology, which will include, in particular, natural antimicrobial agents, including those isolated from plants, and preservatives, methods for the evaluation of antimicrobial activity of plant products and other natural products, evaluation of interactions between medicinal plant products and microbes of the human and animal gut.
- Learning outcomes
- Knowledge of basic and advanced methods of microbiology Knowledge of the mechanisms of action of antimicrobial agents Knowledge of natural antimicrobial compounds Knowledge of antibiotics and their effects
- A series of tutorials/consultations and studying alone at home on various aspects of pharmaceutical microbiology including microbial natural antibiotics and preservatives, methods of evaluation anti-microbial activity of plant substances and other natural products, assessment of interactions between herbal medicinal products and human and animal gut bacteria
- required literature
- Mlynarčík. Farmaceutická mikrobiológia. UK Bratislava, 2017. ISBN 978-80-223-4102-8. info
- recommended literature
- Bryskier André. Antimicrobial Agents. ASM Press, Washington DC, 2005. ISBN 978-1-55581-237-9. info
- not specified
- Vybrané vědecké časopisy. info
- Teaching methods
- Dialogic (discussion, interview, brainstorming)
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/pharm/autumn2021/FDGMB_FAF