FaF:FDGPP_FAF Propaedeutic of Scientific Wor - Course Information
FDGPP_FAF Propaedeutic of Scientific WorkFaculty of Pharmacy
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 30 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PharmDr. Petr Babula, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jan Hošek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PharmDr. Dagmar Jankovská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Renata Kubínová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Václav Suchý, DrSc., dr. h.c. (lecturer)
prof. PharmDr. Karel Šmejkal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Pavel Bobáľ, CSc.
Faculty of Pharmacy
- FAKULTA ( FaF )
Basic prerequisites of scientific work
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Pharmacognosy (programme FaF, PH_Fg) (2)
- Course objectives
- The graduates will acquaint themselves with the propedeutics of research activities. After graduation, students will be able to engage in research projects as both proponents and investigators. They will acquire the creative approach to solving problems in the field of pharmacology and biomedicine. Under the Faculty conditions, Doctoral students will demonstrate compliance with the criteria of the subject by submitting a literary research on a topic related to the assignment of their dissertation. Credits for completing this subject are recorded by the supervisor, who also assesses the fulfillment of the task and the form of processing. The research can be in written or electronic form and can be considered as a rigorous work. The Faculty offers its Doctoral students participation in seminars and trainings concerning the methodology of scientific research, publication of their results and work with information sources. Credits can be obtained after completing the Course of the basis of scientific work at the Czech Academy of Sciences upon submission of the Certificate of completion.
- Learning outcomes
- Ability to analyze a scientific problem, create a solution, be able to describe the solution in a form suitable for presentation.
- The content of the subject is the student's education in the field of acquiring scientific and research knowledge from literary sources, formulating the aim of the research activity, elaborating the methodology of the research work. Furthermore, the student is educated on how to create data structures or information verifying hypotheses to obtain scientific data processing, statistical evaluation and interpretation, discussion assessment of the results and a comparison with the results of other scientific papers, how to draw conclusions, create a list of literary sources and further formalities of the scientific papers, tables, charts, photographic documentation, diagrams, and also the doctoral thesis, as well as the ethical issues of scientific work and publishing. The subject is completed by a credit.
- required literature
- GREENHALGH T. Jak pracovat s vědeckou publikací. Grada, Praha, 2003. ISBN 80-247-0310-6. info
- Teaching methods
- Dialogue, consultations, participation in seminars
- Assessment methods
- Project, oral presentation
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/pharm/autumn2021/FDGPP_FAF