FF:AJL29801 Master's Thesis Seminar II - Course Information
AJL29801 Master's Thesis Seminar IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 20 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Jeffrey Alan Smith, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Jeffrey Alan Smith, M.A., Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a view to the quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to write/finish their master's thesis.
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the diploma thesis and prepare for its successful defence. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
- Further literature for the diploma thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis. | (in Czech) Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Consultations arranged on an as-needed basis; standard is three 30 minute sessions.
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress made and student-advisor consultations
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.