FF:CJBB138 Old Czech Lang. - Course Information
CJBB138 Old Czech LanguageFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Michaela Boháčová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Veronika Bromová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Michaela Boháčová, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jaroslava Vybíralová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 12:00–13:40 D31
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 10/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Having completed the course, students will be able to read and transcribe texts from various periods of development of the Czech language and also to understand them. They will be able to apply the knowledge acquired in the theoretical part of the course to the specific language material presented: to identify the type of orthography used, to describe its characteristic features and the period during which it was used; on the basis of information about phonology and morphology they will be able to locate the text with regard to the particular period and style and to support this decision by qualified arguments. They will also be able to identify possible dialectal features of the text. They will acquire the knowledge of development of Czech sounds and morphology in various stages of development, on the background of their knowledge of present-day Czech. They will learn to use elementary textbooks relating to Old Czech and its development, including the electronic lexicographical sources.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completition of the course the student will be able to: - read and transcribe texts from various periods of development of the Czech language; - identify the type of orthography; - locate the text with regard to the particular period and style; - identify possible dialectal features of the text.
- 1. The elementary terms: Old Czech, stages of its development.
- 2. Searching in Old Czech dictionaries.
- 3. Transliteration and transcription.
- 4. Verbal system in Old Czech.
- 5. System of Old Czech declension.
- 6. Development of the phonological system from the 10th century to the present day.
- 7. The systems of Czech orthography.
- recommended literature
- KOSEK, Pavel. Historická mluvnice češtiny - překlenovací seminář (Historical Grammar of Czech - bridging seminar). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 112 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6974-9. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- KOSEK, Pavel. Historická mluvnice češtiny I (Historical Grammar of Czech). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 211 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6906-0. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- not specified
- PLESKALOVÁ, Jana. Stará čeština pro nefilology. Brno: Vydavatelství MU, 2001. 149 pp. ISBN 80-210-2733-9. info
- BĚLIČ, Jaromír, Adolf KAMIŠ and Karel KUČERA. Malý staročeský slovník. Edited by Václav Křístek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1979. 707 s. info
- ŠLOSAR, Dušan. Stará čeština pro archiváře. 1. Brno: Universita J.E. Purkyně, 1971. 119 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Tutor’s explanations of theory and the application in the form of practical exercises, using the e-learning system (Elf) – students’ homework for each week, usiung tzhe electrobnic lexicographical sources (“Vokabulář webový”).
- Assessment methods
- The course consists of explanations and work with texts. Students are expected to submit assignments in an electronic form (using the e-learning system) and to gain at least 80 % of points.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět si nezapisují studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět Stará čeština pod kódem PV1A12 a AR2A24z.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/CJBB138