FF:IJ2B054 Sociolinguistics of Italian - Course Information
IJ2B054 Sociolinguistics of ItalianFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca (lecturer)
doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- ( IJIA028 Bachelor's State Exam || IJ1A055 Bachelor's State Exam || IJ1A055com Bachelor's State Exam || IJ1A055mai Bachelor's State Exam || IJ1A055min Bachelor's State Exam )
No specific requirement
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Italian Language and Literature (programme FF, N-IJ_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The objectives of the course are the analysis of the notion of linguistic variety, the study of individual and societal repertoires, as well as the Italian linguistic space and the linguistic space of Italian. Monographic topics such as the linguistic landscape and autobiographical narration as a tool for data collection will also be addressed.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will learn to identify the linguistic features of the varieties of Italian and to use the instruments of the discipline (corpora, grammars, software for linguistic analysis). They will also produce in-depth work on the monographic themes addressed, following the study-research model.
- - Varieties of Italian - Language(s) and dialects - Linguistic community, attitudes, prestige - Contact phenomena - Individual and societal repertoire - Linguistic space - Linguistic autobiography - Linguistic landscape
- Mari D'Agostino, Sociolinguistica dell'Italia contemporanea, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2012
- Gaetano Berruto, Massimo Cerruti, Manuale di sociolinguistica, UTET
- Lecture notes during the course
- Berruto G., Sociolinguistica dell’italiano contemporaneo, Roma, Carocci, 2013.
- BERRUTO, Gaetano. Prima lezione di sociolinguistica. Edited by Elena Maria Pandolfi. 1a ed. Roma: GLF editori Laterza, 2004. 189 s. ISBN 9788842073802. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars and workshops
- Assessment methods
- Linguistic autobiography. Report on linguistic landscape (experimental pathway).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.