FF:KSCA020 Reading in Chinese I - Course Information
KSCA020 Reading in Chinese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Bc. Magdaléna Rychetská, M.A. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Zuzana Pospěchová, Ph.D.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Bc. Magdaléna Rychetská, M.A.
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 14:00–15:40 VP
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
KSCA020/02: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- KSCA005 Chinese Grammar II
The course is open for students of the Chinese studies BA. program and recommended to register in the 3rd semester.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is based on reading and scrutinizing texts in written Chinese (shumianyu); the emphasis is put on understanding of the sentence structure and the gradual building of vocabulary.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to apply the knowledge acquired when reading an unknown text in written Chinese (shumianyu). His/her vocabulary and grammar will be enlarged by what will have been read in class.
- 1. - 12. are available in the Study Materials.
- required literature
- ŠVARNÝ, Oldřich and David UHER. Prozodická gramatika čínštiny (Prosodical Grammar of Chinese). 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2014. 163 pp. ISBN 80-244-4205-1. info
- recommended literature
- Úvod do hovorové čínštiny. I. Edited by Oldřich Švarný - Čang Ťing-Jü Rotterová - Josef Bartůšek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1967. 458 s. info
- not specified
- HAN Jiantang, ed. Zhongguo wenhua. Beijing yuyan daxue, 2003. 267 s.
- Teaching methods
- - students' home preparation includes: acquiring of the new vocabulary, preparation for the translation
- the course has a seminar layout: reading and translation of the text, explanation of new grammar, mastering of new constructions, examining individual students' home preparation
- Assessment methods
- Course completion is conditioned with regular attendance (max. 2 skipped classes permitted), active participation, and home preparation.
Evaluation: regular testing of new vocabulary in class (min.70%), or of new grammar; reading comprehension questions during the class. Final test - passing score min. 70%.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/KSCA020