FF:PSMB003 Data analysis - Course Information
PSMB003 Data analysisFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Martin Jelínek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Helena Klimusová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Helena Klimusová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Statistical methods I, II; thesis assigned; the data collection has been finished or will have been finished during the semester.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, N-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The course follows the Statistical methods I and II. The knowledge of these subjects is applied in the analysis of data from own projects. Specific issues of data analysis are consulted.
- Learning outcomes
- Students apply the knowledge base and the abilities acquired in the previous courses of statistics and methodology on data analysis of their own graduation research projects.
- The aim of the course is to apply the knowledge base and the abilities acquired in the previous courses of statistics on students' own data of their graduation research projects. The knowledge base of the Statistical methods I and II will be reviewed in the introductory seminars. Students will present their research projects and data analysis projects. Analysis of the students' own data will be main part of the course. The statistical software, e.g. SPSS will be utilized.
- recommended literature
- Bartholomew, D., Steele, F., Galbraith, J., Moustaki, I. (2011). Analysis of Multivariate Social Science Data. New York: Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- FIELD, Andy P. Discovering statistics using IBM SPSS statistics. 5th edition. Los Angeles: Sage, 2018. xxix, 1070. ISBN 9781526419521. info
- HENDL, Jan. Přehled statistických metod : analýza a metaanalýza dat. Páté, rozšířené vydán. Praha: Portál, 2015. 734 stran. ISBN 9788026209812. info
- Teaching methods
- Students consult their practices individually with lecturers according to the data analytical approach used. During consecutive consultations the details of the statistical analyses are elaborated.
- Assessment methods
- To pass the colloquium, a student has to make a project of the data analysis and conduct the data analysis and the interpretation of the results.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Teacher's information
- The course is offered annually in both semesters, autumn and spring. It is advisable to enroll in the course only in the semester, when the student has the data collection for the diploma thesis either already completed or in the final phase.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/PSMB003