FF:VIKBA11 Retrieval Languages - Course Information
VIKBA11 Information Retrieval LanguagesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Josef Schwarz (lecturer)
Mgr. Silvie Kořínková Presová, DiS. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Zdeněk Kadlec, Dr.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Iva Dušová
- Fri 10:00–11:35 zruseno C21
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VIK_PoZ Qualifying Examination
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Information and Library Studies (programme FF, B-IS) (2)
- Course objectives
- Course of lectures is focused in value, theory and use of information retrieval languages (IRLs) in information systems. IRLs domain is explained regarding information system functions, components and processes (document and its processing, information storage and retrieval, output information processing, information system evaluation). IRLs domain is also put into framework of organization of information. Function and value of IRLs used in modern automated information and library system integrating lingvistic tools are described.
- 1. THEORY OF INFORMATION RETRIEVAL LANGUAGES (IRLs) 1.1. Terminology and taxonomy of IRLs. 1.2. Theoretical foundations of IRLs in logic, linguistics, semiotics and epistemology. 1.3. Structure, formats and implementation of IRLs. 1.4. IRLs type relations, retrieval reference languages. 2. PRACTICAL USAGE OF IRLs 2.1. Selected examples of IRLs types. 2.2. Practical aspects of IRLs administration, updating and using. 2.3. Recent state of IRLs in libraries and information institutions in the Czech republic.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Přesné zádání všech požadavků bude specifikováno v první hodině výuky.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials