FF:RLB131 Modern Chinese II - Course Information
RLB131 Modern Chinese IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Táňa Dluhošová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. David Václavík, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Lucie Čelková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- RLB131/01: Thu 13:20–14:55 A49, T. Dluhošová
RLB131/02: Thu 15:00–16:35 A49, T. Dluhošová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- RLB130 Modern Chinese I
Kurz vyžaduje absolvování kurzu Moderní čínština I (RLB130)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will reach intermediate level in Chinese language in these four competencies: - speaking: o Spoken Mediation: Students will be able to reproduce conversation schemes in conversation situation given by the textbook (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I. (Lesson 5-10)) o Spoken Interaction and Production: In the same time they will independently apply the conversation schemes and acquired vocabulary to other conversation situation and themes. - reading: o Reading Comprehension: Students will be able to read basic conversation texts given in the textbook (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.Lesson 5-10)). In the same time they will be able to apply acquired grammar, vocabulary and the reading principles to unknown texts, which are in the terms of their level equivalent to the textbook text. - writing: o Written Mediation: Students will acquire the basic principles of writing Chinese characters and their structure. Students will be able to actively reproduce written text given by the (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.Lesson 5-10)) o Written production: Students will be able to use acquired skills to create own texts. - Listening Comprehension: Students will be able to identify and comprehend conversation situations in the textbooks: Učebnice moderní čínštiny I. (Lesson 5-10)) and Učebnice čínské konverzace.
- 1. Repetition, new vocabulary L5
- 2. Lesson 5: grammar: adverbial complement, future tense in Chinese, comparative.
- 3. Lesson 5: grammar exercise, reading Chinese text, vocabulary L6
- 4. Lesson 6: grammar: question "how many", place specification: markers of place after noun, preposition zai, verb you; adverb dou and word order; grammar exercise
- 5. Lesson 6: grammar exercise, reading Chinese text, vocabulary L7
- 6. Test, grammar and conversation exercises
- 7. Lekce 7: grammar: 2-syllabi markers of place after noun, prepositions (of place) and word order, emphasizing, exercise
- 8. Lesson 7: grammar: direction modificators and word order,counting above 100; reading, grammar exercise, vocabulary L8
- 9. Lesson 8:exercises, grammar: result modificators, adverbial complement (continuation); reading
- 10.Lesson 8: exercises, conversation: what time is it ?, time specification in Chinese
- 11. Lesson 9: exercises, conversation, grammar: verbal numeratives, indirect object
- 12. Lesson 10: exercises, conversation, grammar: comparison, conditional sentences
- recommended literature
- Náhradní obsah: Švarný, Oldřich a David Uher: Hovorová čínština. Úvod do studia hovorové čínštiny [Colloguial Chinese. An Introduction to the Chinese Language]. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého 2001, 190 p. ISBN 80-244-0298-X.
- not specified
- UHER, David, Xuemin LIU and Jakub VYKOUKAL. Učebnice čínské konverzace. Vydání první. Praha: Leda, 2007. 223 stran. ISBN 9788073351090. info
- Transkripce čínštiny. Edited by Hana Třísková. Praha: Česko-čínská společnost, 1999. xv, 104. ISBN 809025151X. info
- TŘÍSKOVÁ, Hana and Drahomír ILLÍK. Česko-čínská konverzace. Edited by Tchang Jün-ling Rusková. Praha: Academia, 1991. ISBN 8020003886. info
- Teaching methods
- The course, having a form of language training, is based on a textbook: Učebnice moderní čínštiny I, which was designed for the need of this particular course at Palacky University (Olomouc). The emphasis is put on even cultivation of four basic language competencies: speaking, reading, writting, and listening comprehension by interpretation of grammar,drill in creating correct syntactic structures with respect to specific contexts, reading,and homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- Minimum to complete the course: 70% Total grade consists of: Homework 10% Mid-semester test: 10% Final test: 80%
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2010/RLB131