FF:DU2661a Thesis Seminar I - Course Information
DU2661a Thesis Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Ivan Foletti, MA, Docteur es Lettres (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Ladislav Kesner, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radka Nokkala Miltová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Alena Pomajzlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Suchánek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc.
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to provide basic knowledge for the writing M.A. thesis, to assist the students in completing the diploma thesis and prepare them for its successful defence.
- 1. How to prepare a thesis in art history (architecture, early medieval art, early modern art, modern and contemporary art).
- 2. The choice of the topic and research problem.
- 3. Heuristics - literature and sources.
- 4. Working on the thesis and its structure.
- recommended literature
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- not specified
- • Further literature for the diploma thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis. | (in Czech) Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- Teaching methods
- Presentations, lectures, discussions, individual tutorials.
- Assessment methods
- The supervisor of the thesis approves the competence of a student who has to provide till the end of period of examination the abstract of a thesis, and a selected chapter of a thesis and a bibliography.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.