FF:PSA_056 Neuropsychology - Course Information
PSA_056 NeuropsychologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Lubomír Vašina, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Sylvie Kropáčová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Zuzana Kasanová, Ph.D. (lecturer), PhDr. Pavel Humpolíček, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Zdenka Stránská, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 7:30–9:05 N51
- PSA_0SZ Comprehensive Examination || PSA_SZ Bachelor Degree Examination
Basic of neuroscience (PS_BA010); Biological science (PS_BA001)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, M-PS) (2)
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to work with informations in the context of neuropsychological diagnostics, rehabilitation and neuropsychological research. The transdisciplinar, holistic and theological system approach is prefered in the point of view at relationship between brain and mind in the norm or pathology
- .Brief systematical and functional neuroanatomy 2. Basics of general neurology. Clinical patophysiology of pyramidal and extra pyramidal system (paralysis, dyskinesis, hypokinetic/rigid and hyperkinetic/dystonic syndrome. Clinical patophysiology of cerebellum and vestibular functions. Integration of motorics and its disorder (apraxia). Malfunction of sensation. Head nerves and bulbar and pseudo-bulbar syndrome. RF and its function disorder. Vegetative system and its syndromes. Consciousness and its disorders. Orientation/search reflex. Vigilance, sleep, EEG. 3. Basics of special neurology. CMP causes, clinical forms, diagnosis, restitution, rehabilitation, reeducation, resocialization, prevention. Traumas of neural system - causes, clinical forms, diagnosis, restitution, rehabilitation, reeducation, resocialization, prevention. Degenerative diseases of neural system - causes, clinical forms, diagnosis, restitution, rehabilitation, reeducation, resocialization, prevention. Oncogenous diseases of neural system - causes, clinical forms, diagnosis, restitution, rehabilitation, reeducation, resocialization, prevention. Inflammations of neural system - causes, clinical forms, diagnosis, restitution, rehabilitation, reeducation, resocialization, prevention. Neurological symptomatology of particular internal diseases - causes, clinical forms, diagnosis, restitution, rehabilitation, reeducation, resocialization, prevention. Epilepsy and other attack diseases of neural system - causes, clinical forms, diagnosis, restitution, rehabilitation, reeducation, resocialization, prevention. Headaches (see Clinical psychology I). Neurological diseases in early stages of human development (see Malfunctions of psychic development). Brain death. Supporting examinations in neurology: EEG, EMG, EP, USG, neuroradiology, brain scintigraphy, CT, MR, angiography, SECT, PET. 4. Definition and subject of clinical neuropsychology. History of neuropsychology. 5. Neuropsychological methodology and diagnostics. 6. Analysis of information storage in brain. Synaptic plasticity of hippocampus and its role in memory process. Reverberation cycles, specific proteins (S-100), role of nucleus acids in information transformation into long-term memory. 7. Emotional system in brain structures neurobiological and neuropsychological aspects. Neuropsychological characteristics of emotional disorders in different forms of CNS infliction. Vomeropherins in hypothalamic disorder treatment. Fear, anxiety and aggression caused by imagination. Vegetative neural system and its syndromes. 8. Neurological characteristic of cognitive function disorders. Malfunctions of memory process, role of PH and LH in intentional and unintentional memorization of information. Attention disorders, General intellect abilities, deduction and problem solving. Alexia, agraphia, acalculia. Agnosia. 9. Functional specialization of hemispheres. Neuropsychological characteristics of hemisphere cooperation disorder. Aphasia. Two brains one personality. 10. Neuropsychological characteristics of brain-personality relationship. Prefrontal syndromes. 11. Acute organic psycho-syndrome, chronic organic psycho-syndrome, apalic syndrome and neuropsychological rehabilitation. 12. Clinical neuropsychology in psychiatry. Possibilities of Korsakov syndrome treatment in mental hospital. 13. Goals, possibilities and limits of neuropsychological rehabilitation. 14. Analysis of neuropsychological case studies
- required literature
- DIAMANT, Jiří Jindřich and Lubomír VAŠINA. Kapitoly z neuropsychologie. Vyd. 2. přeprac. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1998. 212 s. ISBN 8021017392. info
- PREISS, Marek. Klinická neuropsychologie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1998. 406 s. ISBN 8071694436. info
- not specified
- Druga, R.: Funkční a chemická anatomie mozku. Grada, Praha 1999.
- Gazzaniga, M.S. (ed. ): The cognitive neurosciences. The MIT Press,
- Mumenthaler, M., Maltle, H.: Neurologie. Grada, Praha 1999.
- Kulišťák,P.(2003):Neuropsychologie.Portál, Praha.
- Teaching methods
- Lecture (two hours per week) plus presentation neuropsychological tests battery (by clinical neuropsychologist-specialist from hospital)
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information