FF:AJ34150 Translation of a Literary Text - Course Information
AJ34150 Translation of a Literary Criticism TextFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Milada Franková, CSc., M.A. (lecturer)
Stephen Paul Hardy, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Kačer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Michael Matthew Kaylor, PhD. (lecturer)
Mgr. Filip Krajník, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Tomáš Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Jeffrey Alan Smith, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Tomáš Pospíšil, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- No prerequisites.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course consists of the production of a Czech translation of a secondary literary critical text of at least 20 pages (a book chapter, a brief study, essay, etc.) It aims at the domestication of the latest anglophone terminology in the Czech literary critical dicourse, and also at the fostering of the students' capacity to function as full-fledged scholars on the domestic front. An additional advantage of this project is the providing of the latest theoretical and literary critical developments to the wider Czech reading public, in case the text is published. The text is selected by the students and approved by the supervisor. The quality of the sumbitted worked is assessed by the members of the commission who are native speakers. Assessment: pass/fail.
- Learning outcomes
- The course enables students to demonstrate their capability of functioning as full-fledged scholars in the domestic language environment. An additional advantage of this project is the providing of the latest theoretical and literary critical developments to the Czech reading public, in case the text is published.
- Selection of the text to be translated
- Translation of the text
- Submission of the finished translation to the supervisor for assessment
- Submission of the text for publication in Czech journal
- Vzhledem ke specifické náplni předmětu není seznam literatury vyžadován.
- Teaching methods
- Independent translation
- Assessment methods
- The credits are awarded upon the submission of the finished translation. The quality of the translation will be assessed by the supervisor or by an expert s/he might consult.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.