FF:PV1B60 Book and hist.book collections - Course Information
PV1B60 Book and hist.book collectionsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Lucie Heilandová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jindra Pavelková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Elbel, Ph.D.
Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Martina Maradová
Supplier department: Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 10:00–11:40 422
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 10/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 20 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- We wont to introduce he book history in Moravia and the important historical libraries.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will provide an overview of the stages of development of the book and its production, as well as literary culture in the current library collections.
- The course present a history and development of books, its form, production and processing. There will be covered the various materials and technics important for the formation of books and today for its restoring.The attention will be focused to the producing of the books too, especially in Moravia and Brno. The main interest will be first of all oriented to the historical book fonds in south Moravia, that still exist. The lecture will be supplemented the excursions too. The course will be held at the Moravian Library in Brno.
- VOIT, Petr. Encyklopedie knihy : starší knihtisk a příbuzné obory mezi polovinou 15. a počátkem 19. století. 1. vyd. Praha: Libri, 2006. 1350 s. ISBN 8072773127. info
- BOHATCOVÁ, Mirjam. Česká kniha v proměnách staletí. 1. vyd. Praha: Panorama, 1990. 622 s. ISBN 80-7038-131-0. info
- DOKOUPIL, Vladislav. Dějiny moravských klášterních knihoven ve správě Universitní knihovny v Brně. Vyd. 1. Brno: Musejní spolek, Universitní knihovna, 1972. 379 s., 32. info
- Teaching methods
- 2 lectures, homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- Credit, attendance, essay
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/PV1B60