FF:CJBB196 Linguistic Webinar - Course Information
CJBB196 Linguistic WebinarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 12:00–13:40 D31
- The knowledge of syntax terminology at the level of standard introduction courses (e.g., Haegeman's Thinking Syntactically).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 29 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal is to learn what current research in linguistics looks like.
- Learning outcomes
- - to broaden the knowledge of selected topics within syntax
- the gain an in-depth understanding of some key concepts in syntax
- The content of this course is the attendance at live streamed lectures on linguistics with special focus on syntax. It is a joint project between the universities of Oxford, Padua, Geneva, Beijing and others. The lecturers tend to be internationally renowned experts.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- I require attendance at the lectures. The lectures are irregular and tend to take place twice a month. There is no test at the end, attendance is the key requirement.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Teacher's information
- The lectures are live streamed from various universities. At the end of each lecture, students can ask questions via the online platform. The purpose of the lecture serries is for students to see what some of the current linguistic research looks like.