FF:IM138 TIM_Master classes - Course Information
IM138 TIM_Master classesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Soňa Borodáčová (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Koláček (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 19:00–20:40 013 Husa na provázku
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- žádné prerekvizity
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 32/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course is introducing students to various areas of theoretical, artistic and creative practice in which they can apply the knowledge already acquired by studying the field of interactive media theory. Emphasis is placed on linking with practitioners. At the end of the course students will be oriented in selected areas of artistic practice, critical theory and creative practice related to the field of study.
- Learning outcomes
- - orientate in contemporary local art and cultural scene of media art - analyze interpreted works of art - apply theoretical skills to practical demonstrations in the field - describe and compare phenomena in contemporary Czech and foreign media art - use the acquired practical skills in application to theories of interactive media
- The course is designed as a series of lectures by experts in the field of new media. The course is recommended for students from the 3rd semester of their studies. In the autumn semester of 2020 the course is divided into thematic areas related to contemporary art practice and art theory: - HEADING 01: Theory and criticism - Lectures by philosophers and art critics.
- - HEADING 02: Current curatorial concepts and community projects (visual arts, urbanism, sound, film, music.) - HEADING 03: Artist talk.
- recommended literature
- JENKINS, Henry. Convergence culture : where old and new media collide. 1st published in paperback. London: New York University Press, 2008. xi, 353. ISBN 9780814742952. info
- MediaArtHistories. Edited by Oliver Grau. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2007. xii, 475 p. ISBN 9780262072793. info
- BARKER, Chris. Cultural studies : theory and practice. Edited by Paul E. Willis. 2nd ed. London: SAGE Publications, 2003. xxii, 485. ISBN 0761941568. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- - optional attendance
- essay / elaboration of topic relevant to presentations
- structured interview with an expert on a selected topic if necessary
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.