FF:RLMgA020 Master's Thesis Seminar III - Course Information
RLMgA020 Master's Thesis Seminar IIIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Aleš Chalupa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Cigán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Milan Fujda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Radek Kundt, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Dalibor Papoušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Václavík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Valtrová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Iva Doležalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zuzana Kubovčáková, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Dušan Vávra, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tomáš Glomb, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivona Vrzalová
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 18:00–19:40 J507
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- RLMgA019 Master's Thesis Seminar II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Study of Religions (programme FF, N-RL_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course aims on supporting the students during the conduction of their research which is meant to be the core of student's forthcoming master's thesis (e.g. complete survey of all relevant literature and sources, collected and coded data prepared for analysis, already conducted experiment etc.) or completed chapters of prospective master's thesis (e.g. theoretical-methodological introduction, overview of previous research etc.). The course consists of individual consultations of the student with the thesis supervisor according to the needs of the student and regarding the stage and progress of student's work.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students will be able to:
- conduct research in a chosen subject area and collect the data necessary to achieve the objectives of their master's thesis;
- process and analyze collected data and use it to answer the research questions set out in the final version of the master's thesis project;
- write up important sections of master's thesis that will meet the requirements mandatory for the texts in humanities and the social sciences.
- Individual consultations with the thesis supervisor
- Individual work on data collection process necessary for the achieving the goals as specified in the final version of the master's thesis project
- Conduction of research and data analysis
- required literature
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- recommended literature
- ECO, Umberto. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Translated by Ivan Seidl. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 8071981737. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual consultations with the thesis supervisor; own research and its substantial elaboration in the form of partial outcomes.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium is awarded by the course coordinator after his/her consultation with a thesis supervisor.
Conditions for the successful completion of the course:
In time submission of the results of substantially elaborated research, e.g. in the form of excerpts from a complete set of necessary literature and sources, coded or collected data prepared for analysis, finished experimentation etc., or in the form of finished chapters of master's thesis, e.g. the theoretical-methodological introduction, a survey of previous research, etc. (100%).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: Studenti religionistiky povinně zapisují ve 3. semestru studia.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/RLMgA020