FF:NJII_3544 German Prosa after 2000 - Course Information
NJII_3544 German Prosa after 2000Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Jaroslav Kovář, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Trombiková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Aleš Urválek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Vojtěch Trombik, Ph.D. (lecturer), Mgr. Jan Budňák, Ph.D. (deputy)
PhDr. Zdeněk Mareček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Budňák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Zdeněk Mareček, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: PhDr. Zdeněk Mareček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 17:30–19:05 VP
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Thanks to the generous support of Goethe-Institut and Österreichisches Kulturforum, there have been a number of authors arriving in Brno to read from their works: Jirgl, Eva Menasse, Vertlib, Parei. This has sparked the recent interest in third-year- and masters dissertations on contemporary literature.
This course presents a variety of 21st century's works of literature in German and the related literary criticism. A wide variety of lectures are given by three lecturers of Masaryk University and a number of junior and senior researchers. Each lecture is followed by a discussion. All participants are expected to have read an excerpt (posted in Učební materiály) beforehand, so as to be able to participate fully.
- Datum Vortragender Thema 20.2.2012 Zdenek Mareček Reinhard Jirgl: Die Stille 27.2.2012 Jaroslav Kovář Christa Wolf: Stadt der Engel oder The Overcoat of Dr. Freud 5.3.2012 Aleš Urválek Das Werk von Günter Grass nach dem Nobelpreis 1999 12.3.2012 Martina Frolcová Sibylle Lewitscharoff: Blumenberg 19.3.2012 Julya Rabinowich liest eus eigenen Werken 26.3.2012 Jan Budňák Eva Menasse: Vienna 2.4.2012 Hana Crhová Vladimir Vertlib: Das besondere Gedächtnis der Rosa Masur 16.4.2012 Vojtěch Trombik Christoph Hein: Weißkerns Nachlass 23.4.2012 Iveta Tomáštíková Daniel Kehlmann: Ruhm. Ein Roman in neun Geschichten Kateřina Hegrová Thomas Klupp: Paradiso 14.5.2012 Petra Haluzová Inka Parei: Die Kältezentrale Abschlusstest
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, Close reading of texts, Discussion
- Assessment methods
- A test both on the material presented in the lectures and the excerpts. The material presented in the lectures may be available for revision in the form of handouts in Učební materiály.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Abschlusstest
The course is taught only once.