FF:VIKBA10 Library Systems and Standards - Course Information
VIKBA10 Library Systems and StandardsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Martin Krčál, DiS. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Sabina Kubisová
Supplier department: Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 10:50–12:25 G24
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students will: - be familiar with library systems and standards problems and with advancements in technologies influencing librarianship; - have an enhanced knowledge of library as a system and catalogue as a basis of a library information system; - understand standardization problems mainly in terms of bibliographic description and library information systems; - have a basic theoretical and practical knowledge of descriptive cataloguing based on international standards which has been accepted and implemented in the Czech Republic;
- Memory institutions Standards and standardization System, information system, library system Opensource and Libraries Library catalogs Discovery services Central library services and systems Bibliomining Cataloging and cataloging rules Contributing to the Union Catalogue of the Czech Republic New technologies and trends in libraries
- COUFALOVÁ, Jindřiška, Kateřina KOŠŤÁLOVÁ a Hana NEMEŠKALOVÁ. Katalogy nové generace: analýza vybraných systémů z pohledu uživatele. 1. vyd. Praha: Národní knihovna České republiky, 2009. ISBN 978-80-7050-579-3.
- VAUGHAN, J. Investigations into Library Web-Scale Discovery Services. Information Technology and Libraries [online]. 2012, 31(1). DOI: 10.6017/ital.v31i1.1916. URL: http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1043&context=lib_articles
- BILAL, Dania. c2014. Library automation: core concepts and practical systems analysis. 3rd ed. Santa Barbara: Libraries Unlimited. ISBN 9781591589228.
- RDA: resource description & access : 2014 revision : includes changes and updates through April 2014. Chicago: American Library Association, c2014. ISBN 978-0-8389-1293-5.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.