FF:AJ41021 Oral Proficiency Exam - Course Information
AJ41021 English Language Oral Proficiency ExamFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Nicola Catherine Fořtová, B.A., M.A. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Linda Nepivodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- AJ41002 Practical English II || AJ01002 Practical English II
AJ11010 Zkouška z anglického jazyka
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- English Language and Literature (programme FF, B-FI)
- Course objectives
- Oral Proficiency Examination - CPE level FORMAT: Part 1 (3 minutes) Interview Part 2 (5 minutes) Picture description - individual turns Part 3 (5 minutes) Collaborative task based on visual materials Part 4 (7 minutes) Expressing opinion - individual turns based on prompt cards
- Part 1: Interview At the beginning of the speaking test the candidates will be given the opportunity to offer personal information. Part 2: Picture description - individual turns In this part of the test each candidate should talk on their own for about two minutes. Each candidate will be given a photograph to describe. They should try as much as possible to use the vocabulary particularly relevant to the photograph. Part 3: Collaborative task based on visual materials The candidates will be asked to talk together for about three minutes for the task related to the visual material provided. Then they will answer questions related to the task. Part 4: Expressing opinion - individual turns based on prompt cards In the final part of the speaking test each candidate will be asked to express their opinions on some issues and respond briefly when their partner has spoken. They are expected to react to a prompt card and give specific reasons or examples to support their opinions. Each candidate has two minutes to develop their ideas, and about one minute for a response.
- Cambridge proficiency examination practice 5 : University of Cambridge local examinations syndicate. 136 s. ISBN 0521446767. info
- FICTUMOVÁ, Jarmila. Angličtina: Konverzace pro pokročilé.Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners (Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners). druhé upravené. Brno: Společnost pro odbornou literaturu - Barrister & Principal, 2008. 303 pp. ISBN 978-80-87029-40-4. učebnice info
- Cambridge proficiency : examination practice 4. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1991. v, 127. ISBN 0521407303. info
- Cambridge Proficiency : examination practice 3. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1989. v, 127. ISBN 0521366003. info
- Teaching methods
- Oral Examination
- Assessment methods
- ASSESSMENT CRITERIA: 1. Grammatical resource (range and flexibility, accuracy) 2. Lexical resource (range, appropriacy) 3. Discourse management (relevance, coherence, extent) 4. Pronunciation (stress and rhythm, intonation, individual sounds) 5. Interactive communication (initiating and responding, hesitation, turn-taking)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".
- Teacher's information