FF:JPNB21 Business Japanese - Course Information
JPNB21 Business JapaneseFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Zuzana Rozwalka (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jiří Matela, M.A., Ph.D.
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Zuzana Kubovčáková, M.A., Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- JPN221 Japanese language IV - Theory && JPN222 Japanese language IV-Practice
JPN221 && JPN222
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This course provides an introduction to the Japanese language used in Japanese companies and manufacturing facilities. It will teach the basics of technical and corporate Japanese. Students will also acquire basic information about structure of Japanese companies, Toyota production system and company based interpreter's work.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to:
- understand and use the basic terminology of Toyota production system
- translate corporate related texts
- translate specific technical texts
Students will also acquire the basic vocabulary for translating/interpreting practice in Japanese company or manufacturing plant.
- 1. Japanese companies in Czech republic 2. Company culture basics 3. Toyota production system 4. Public offices 5. Personal management 6. Electric devices 7. Machining devices 8. Technical problems and maintenance 9. Quality control 10. Ecology
- recommended literature
- Intermediate technical Japanese. Edited by James L. Davis. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2002. vi, 422 p. ISBN 9780299185640. info
- TAIICHI, Ohno. Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-Scale Production. 1. vyd. : Productivity Press, 1988. 152 pp. ISBN 978-0-915299-14-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Translation exercises, class discussion, excursion.
- Assessment methods
- Vocabulary tests, final translation
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/JPNB21