FF:IJ1A006 Practical Italian VI - Course Information
IJ1A006 Practical Italian VIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Valeria De Tommaso, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca (alternate examiner)
Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 16:00–17:40 G12
- IJ1A005 Practical Italian V
Written or oral test of Practical Italian V. Only students of the program of Italian Language and Literature of URJL MU can enrol for the course. Erasmus + Students cannot enrol for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is the development of writing skills and the deepening of the theoretical and practical features of the several Italian textual types, with a special regard to the argumentative text. The students will strengthen their reading and writing competences, in particular referred to academic texts and papers, setting the C1 level as target for the written production.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will develop competences regarding the textuality of Italian language. The student will also learn to summarize the information coming from different sources, to develop critical sense, to communicate effectively, to work in group, to develop ideas and develop projects. The student will be able to use monolingual dictionaries and corpora.
- The course deals with the textual typologies of written Italian language. In particular the focus will be on the process of elaboration of academic texts, on the strategies of argumentation, on the investigation and research process, on the structure of written texts, on the elements of coherence and cohesion, on registers. Some issues: cohesive devices, markedness and marked sentences, OV sentences, impersonal and passive constructions.
- required literature
- DE GIULI, Alessandro, Carlo GUASTALLA and Ciro Massimo NADDEO. Nuovo magari : con attività video : corso di lingua e cultura Italiana. 1.a ed. Firenze: Alma, 2013. 168 s. ISBN 9788861822825. info
- SANTAMBROGIO, Marco. Manuale di scrittura (non creativa). 1a ed. Roma: Laterza, 2008. xii, 252. ISBN 9788842086406. info
- recommended literature
- ROSSI, Fabio and Fabio RUGGIANO. Esercizi di scrittura per la scuola e l'università. 1a edizione. Roma: Carocci, 2015. 144 stran. ISBN 9788843077816. info
- CERRUTI, Massimo and Monica CINI. Introduzione elementare alla scrittura accademica. Edited by Tullio Telmon. 1a ed. Roma: Laterza, 2007. xi, 148. ISBN 9788842081821. info
- not specified
- SERIANNI, Luca. Leggere, scrivere, argomentare : prove ragionate di scrittura. 1a ed. Roma: GLF editori Laterza, 2013. xxi, 192. ISBN 9788858106631. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and practical activities: explanation of the basic notions and problems and their application on appropriate linguistic material. Students will be asked to produce several written texts. Students have to read the following pages: Santambrogio M., "Manuale di scrittura (non) creativa", 2008, pp. I-XII, 3-21.
- Assessment methods
- Written test and discussion on the research materials. The students who don't attend the courses have to set an alternative syllabus with the teacher.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/IJ1A006