FF:SUP004 Psychology for teachers II - Course Information
SUP004 Psychology for teachers IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- PhDr. Zdenka Stránská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Kateřina Bartošová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Veronika Ondráčková Dacerová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: PhDr. Zdenka Stránská, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 8:00–9:40 C33
- SUP001 Psychology for teachers I
SUP001 Psychology for teachers I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 120 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 83/120, only registered: 0/120, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/120
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS) (2)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Czech Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in French Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in History (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Italian Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in German Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Pedagogy (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Portuguese Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Russian Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Spanish Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SJU_) (2)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Spanish Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education (programme FSpS, N-TV)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Social Studies Basics (programme FF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- The subject Psychology for teachers is two-semester (Psychology for teachers I and Psychology for teachers II): Course offers theoretical as well as practical knowledge, methods for effective teaching to students, extending their qualification as certified teachers on secondary schools. Tips to solve various educational problems will be presented. The course aims to expand understanding of pupils and also to oneself, to improve communication skills a to support chances of healthy co-operation of pupils as well as their teachers. Among the most important psychological disciplines that directly help teachers to solve the complex educational situations include: general psychology, personality psychology, developmental psychology, educational psychology, social psychology, mental hygiene and psychopathology.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon succesful completion of the course Psychology for teachers II student will be able to:
- apply the principles of mental hygiene at the work of teachers and pupil learning
- better understand the difficult life situations and their consequences on the psychic state and apply appropriate coping strategies with difficult life situations
- better understand the relationships between teacher and pupils and factors involved in their formation
- apply pedagogical and psychological principles of proper testing and evaluation of academic performance of pupils, or to reduce exam fever in pupil
- recognize symptoms of specific learning disorders, to describe school consequences, to apply the basic principles of reeducation care and principles of evaluation and classification of pupils with specific learning disorders
- recognize symptoms of ADHD and ADD and apply recommended practices for the teaching and education of pupils with ADHD
- familiar with the complexity of behavior and experience of problem children
- describe the basic educational resources and apply in solving some typical model educational situations
- orientate in selected types of teaching and educational styles
- diagnose at least indicative classroom climate and on the basis of established facts to design and implement appropriate intervention
- explain the educational aspects of the social (or educational) communication, social interaction and social perception in school conditions and to use them in achieving their objectives and goals
- 1. Specific learning disorders - dyslexia, dysgraphia, dysorthographia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, dysmusia, dyspinxia; causes, symptoms, reeducation and compensation, evaluation and classification of pupils with specific learning disorders. ADHD and ADD; procedures for teaching and educating children with ADHD.
- 2. Psychological aspects of testing, evaluation and classification pupils' learning outcomes - functions of testing and evaluation, types of examinations (oral, written, practical); examination state - exam fever/stage fright (symptoms, consequences, reduction of stage fright on the part of teacher and pupil, kinds of stage fright).
- 3. Teacher's personality psychology - approaches and methods of exploring teacher's personality, requirements for teacher's personality, teacher's personality from the perspective of pupils, some typologies of teachers' personalities, development and formation of the teachers' personality, difficulties in the development of the teachers' personality. Teacher's professional efficacy. Teacher's concept of teaching. Teaching styles.
- 4. Relationships between teachers and pupils and their formation (components represented in the relationship between teacher and pupil, teacher to pupil relationship - factors, some typical kinds of relationships of teachers to pupils; pupil to teacher relationship - factors. The concept of teaching as a "helping profession".
- 5. Psychology of education and self-education - psychological aspects of education and its various resources; requirements; rewards and punishments, encouragement; persuasion; verbal and nonverbal activities, direct and indirect; role-playing; modelling; styles of education; activity personality, self-concept a self-education.
- 6. Psychological analysis of educational problems (such as lying, cheating, disobedience, indiscipline, absenteeism, truancy, wanderlust, theft, smoking, alcoholism, abuse, sexual offenses, aggression, bullying, suicidal thoughts (attempts) etc.). Re-education.
- 7. Difficult life situations (stress, frustration, deprivation, conflicts), coping strategies. Coping with school load of pupils and students. Coping with school load of teachers, social support - its importance for the work of the teacher.
- 8. Mental health and mental disorders (psychosis, neurosis, psychopathy and mental retardation). Mental hygiene in schools.
- 9. Human and society. Socialization, social learning (forms - imitation, identification, social reinforcement learning, observation learning or substitute learning, social anticipation).
- 10. Social groups, their types and formative effect. School class as a small social group. Psychosocial climate classroom. Psychosocial climate school.
- 11. Social intercourse - structure. Social communication, specifics of pedagogical communication, psychological aspects communication of communication between teacher and student, teacher and parent. Social interaction and social perception and their educational aspects in the school conditions.
- HOLEČEK, Václav. Psychologie v učitelské praxi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada Publishing, a. s., 2014. 224 s. ISBN 978-80-247-3704-1.
- MAREŠ, Jiří. Pedagogická psychologie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2013. 704 s. ISBN 978-80-262-0174-8.
- PETTY, Geoff. Moderní vyučování. Vyd. 6. Praha: Portál, s. r. o., 2013. 568 s. ISBN 978-262-0367-4.
- BENDL, Stanislav, KUCHARSKÁ, Anna (ed.) a kol. Kapitoly ze školní pedagogiky a školní psychologie - skripta pro studenty vykonávající pedagogickou praxi. Praha: Univerzita Karlova v Praze - Pedagogická fakulta, 2008. 237 s. ISBN 978-80-7290-366-5.
- PUGNEROVÁ, Michaela. Psychologie : pro studenty pedagogických oborů. Vydání 1. Praha: Grada, 2019. 276 stran. ISBN 9788027105328. URL info
- JEDLIČKA, Richard, Jaroslav KOŤA and Jan SLAVÍK. Pedagogická psychologie pro učitele : psychologie ve výchově a vzdělávání. Illustrated by Jana Slavíková. Vydání 1. Praha: Grada, 2018. 528 stran. ISBN 9788027105861. URL info
- HELUS, Zdeněk. Sociální psychologie pro pedagogy. 2., přepracované a doplně. Praha: Grada, 2015. 399 stran. ISBN 9788024746746. URL info
- SLAVIN, Robert E. Educational psychology : theory and practice. Tenth edition, Pearson new i. Harlow: Pearson, 2014. ii, 578. ISBN 9781292020730. info
- BUCKLER, Scott and Paul CASTLE. Psychology for teachers. Los Angeles: Sage, 2014. xxiv, 363. ISBN 9781446211144. info
- MINTON, Stephen James. Using psychology in the classroom. 1st pub. Los Angeles: Sage, 2012. xiii, 173. ISBN 9781446201657. info
- FONTANA, David. Psychologie ve školní praxi : příručka pro učitele. Translated by Karel Balcar. Vyd. 3. Praha: Portál, 2010. 383 s. ISBN 9788073677251. info
- Pedagogická encyklopedie. Edited by Jan Průcha - Tomáš Janík - Milada Rabušicová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2009. 935 s. ISBN 9788073675462. info
- DYTRTOVÁ, Radmila and Marie KRHUTOVÁ. Učitel : příprava na profesi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2009. 121 s. ISBN 9788024728636. URL info
- VÁGNEROVÁ, Marie. Školní poradenská psychologie pro pedagogy. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Karolinum, 2005. 430 s. ISBN 8024610744. info
- ČÁP, Jan and Jiří [pedagog] MAREŠ. Psychologie pro učitele [Čáp, 2001]. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2001. 655 s. ISBN 80-7178-463-X. info
- ŘEZÁČ, Jaroslav. Sociální psychologie [Řezáč, 1998]. Brno: Paido - edice pedagogické literatury, 1998. 268 s. ISBN 80-85931-48-6. info
- Psychologie výchovy a vyučování. Edited by Jan Čáp. 1. vyd. Praha: Univerzita Karlova - Vydavatelství Karolinum, 1993. 413 s. ISBN 80-7066-534-3. info
- DRLÍKOVÁ, Eva. Učitelská psychológia. 1. vyd. Bratislava: Slovenské pedagogické nakladatel'stvo, 1992. 374 s. ISBN 8008004339. info
- ĎURIČ, Ladislav and Jozef ŠTEFANOVIČ. Psychológia pre učitel'ov. 2. vyd. Bratislava: Slovenské pedagogické nakladatel'stvo, 1977. 592 s. info
- Teaching methods
- lecture and seminar, discussion, homework, self-study of recommended literature
- Assessment methods
- prerequisite for examination: semester paper on the topic Application of the psychological knowledge in the teacher's work/or in school practice (own reflection on the topic), range of a semester paper: at least 2 pages, to submit in electronic form (to the repository in the information system) and also in printed form, deadline for submission of a semester paper: no later than May 10, 2023
output: examination (two parts: written and oral, exam covers the subjects of Psychology for teachers I and II and includes the level of processing a semester paper)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2023/SUP004