PřF:Bi6161 Microbiological excursions - Course Information
Bi6161 Microbiological excursionsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Táňa Koudeláková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Šárka Nevolová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jitka Sedláčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Šárka Nevolová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 45 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/45, only registered: 12/45, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/45
- Course objectives
- The objective of these professional excursions is to provide the students of biology and biochemistry practical experience with workplaces which use microbiological and biotechnological methods in processes and technologies. The students will visit following plants and companies during the four half-days tour: (i) production plant of the brewery Starobrno, (ii) composting plant in Blansko, (iii) R&D laboratories of Erba Lachema in Brno, and (iv) Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicines. Upon successful completion of this course, the students will be able to describe processes using microorganisms for the production of beer, wastewater treatment and composting. They will be able to describe processes for the production of diagnostic kits and their use.
- Brewery Starobrno - http://www.starobrno.cz/
- Compost plant Blansko - http://www.kompostarna-blansko.cz/
- Erba Lachema - https://www.erbalachema.com/
- Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicines - http://www.uskvbl.cz/en
- Teaching methods
- practical excursion to: Erba Lachema Starobrno VUVeL Compost plant Blansko
- Assessment methods
- participation at excursions and preparation of essay describing the visited workplaces
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 4 půldenní exkurze v průběhu semestru.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 exkurze v průběhu semestru.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/Bi6161