PřF:Bi0011 MU Life Sciences Seminar - Course Information
Bi0011 Masaryk University Life Sciences SeminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Vladimír Sklenář, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Říha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Stanislav Pekár, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dáša Bohačiaková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Mgr. Marek Mráz, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Ľubomíra Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Nesvadbová (assistant)
Mgr. Linda Nosková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Linda Nosková
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 16:00–17:50 B11/132
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 20 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The purpose of the seminar series is to invite to Brno renowned speakers from abroad and create a Seminar Series of excellence, which will inspire and motivate both scientists and students at MU.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of this course students will deepen their knowledge of the latest progress in the field of life sciences research. Students will be acquainted with the principles and possibilities of using the most modern methods of molecular and structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics, microbiology and others. Further, student will learn to discuss various biological topics and they will developt their skills to critically interpret scientific data.
- The program of the seminar differs each semester and is composed of talks given by world-class scientists. See the program on the webpage given below.
- Respective literature is assigned in the course of the seminar.
- Teaching methods
- Seminars given by professionals working in Life sciences field.
- Assessment methods
- 5 attendances at the Life Sciences lectures are required. It is possible to substitute an absence by attending a Mendel lecture. The attendance will be checked using the official attendance lists.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
General note: předmět pro doktorský studijní program Chemie.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2022/Bi0011