PřF:F7571 Exp. met. and spec. lab. B 1 - Course Information
F7571 Experimental methods and special laboratory B 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 7 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Adam Dubroka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Luděk Bočánek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Caha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Klenovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Filip Münz, PhD. (seminar tutor)
Chennan Wang, Dr. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Adam Dubroka, Ph.D.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Adam Dubroka, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 8:00–12:50 Fpk,04013
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- The course offers laboratory exercises on advanced experimental techniques in solid state physics with the emphasis on semiconductors.
Based on the students own experience, the goal of this course is to provide the students with the ability to
- list and describe the selected experimental techniques in condensed matter physics
- apply these methods to measurements of particular phenomena
- analyse and physically interpret the measured data.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able after the the course:
- independently use the experimental setups
- evaluate the measurements, determine random errors and estimate their systematic errors
- explain the physical prinicples of measurements and the observed phenomena
- recommend a particular type of experiment in order to determine a given property of material
- write a report on the measurement in the form common in scientific literature
- Ferroelectric properties of solids.
- Infrared spectroscopy of solids.
- Electric conductivity, Hall coefficient and magnetoconductivity of semiconductors. Temperature dependence of mobility.
- Roentgen reflection on multilayers and analysis of diffraction record on a polycrystalline sample
- Recombination of excess carriers in semiconductor, lifetime of carriers.
- Thermoelectric effect in semiconductors.
- Raman spectroscopy.
- Electron microscopy.
- Current-voltage characteristics of a p-n junction.
- Activation energy of vacancies in metals.
- Absorption edge in semiconductors.
- Technology of preparation of resistor and capacitor on a silicon wafer.
- Návody k jednotlivým úlohám (Instructions for individual tasks).
- BROŽ, Jaromír. Základy fyzikálních měření. Sv. 1. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1983. 669 s. info
- Teaching methods
- laboratory projects
- Assessment methods
- Graded credit based on eleven laboratory reports approved and graded by the respective teachers.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/F7571