PřF:C7440 Coordination and Catalysis - Course Information
C7440 Coordination and CatalysisFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Analytical Chemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Inorganic Chemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Biochemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Physical Chemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Chemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Environmental Chemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Macromolecular Chemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Organic Chemistry (programme PřF, M-CH)
- Course objectives
- An advanced course of organic synthesis for students of chemistry. Transition metals compounds, theory and mechanism of their reactions. Applications of coordination and homogeneous catalysis in organic syntheses. Molecular orbitals of transition-metallic complexes (ability to bond formation, ligand's type, pí-donoral, pí-acceptoral and d-pí-acceptoral ligands). Active particles and catalytic cycle (variability of oxidizing state and of coordination number, 18-electrons rule, formation of active particles, activation via addition or coordination, elementary proceeds-ligand's migration, insert reaction, alfa, beta-elimination and related reaction). Practical applications. Formation of simple and multiple carbon bonds (dimerization of alkenes, alkyne synthezis, allyle alkylation with treatment of palladium catalyst, dimerization, oligomerization, polymerization and telomerization of dienes, synthezis with application of sigma-, pí-arene and pí-cyclohexanedienyl complexes, metathezis of alkenes). Synthezis of carbocycles (three-membered by carbene intermediates, four-membered by [2+2]-cycloaddition of alkenes, fivemembered - oligomerization of butadienes, modified Diels- Alder reaction, [3+2]-cycloadditions, six- and multi-membered by cycloaddition, cyclooligomerization reactions with application of alkenes, alkadienes, polyenes and acetylenes). Synthezis of heterocycles. Izomerizations of alkenes (alfa-, beta-unsaturated compounds, conjugated dienes, double bonds migration, aromatics). Direct introductions of carbonyl group (preparation of carboxylic acids, acid esters and similar functional derivatives, aldehydes, ketones and isocyanates). Redox reactions (hydrogenations and reductions of multiple C-C, C-N, N-O, C-O bonds, assymetrical hydrogenation, hydrogenolysis, etc., oxidizing of alkanes, alkenes and alkines, acetoxidizing, epoxidation, dehydrogenation, etc.).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.