PřF:Bi9480 Immunology of parasitic diseas - Course Information
Bi9480 Imunology of parasitic diseasesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Jan Kopecký, CSc. (lecturer), prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi6330 Parasitology || B6330 Parasitology || SOUHLAS
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Overview of current knowledge on immunity of host organisms against selected groups of parasites including parasitic protozoa, helminths and ectoparasites. Relationship of parasite life cycles and particular immunity mechanisms will be focussed, imumnopathology of parasitic infections, Special interest will be devoted to progress in vaccine development.
- 1. Immunity systems and mechanisms 2. Experimental immunoparasitology 3. Plasmodium and malaria 4. Leishmania a leishmaniosis 5. African trypanosomiasis 6. Toxoplasma 7. Schistosoma 8. Gastrointestinal hematodes 9. Nematodes invading tissues 10. Immunity against ectoparasites 11. Parasites and vaccination Recommended literature: D.Wakelin: Immunity to parasites, Cambridge University Press 1996. K.S. Warren: Immunology and molecular biology of parasitic infection, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford 1993.
- Doporučená literautura viz osnova přednášky
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Předmět se vypisuje v sudých letech.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Vypisuje se v sudých letech.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Minimálně tři studenti.