PřF:GI001 Modern techniques in geology - Course Information
GI001 Modern techniques in geology - invited lecturesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( (!( PROGRAM ( B - GE )|| PROGRAM ( N - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE4 )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE )|| PROGRAM ( C - CV ))) || ( NOW ( G0101 Occupational healt and safety )&& NOW ( C7777 Handling chemicals )))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Presentations of current trends in geological sciences in the form of invited lectures by prominent foreign experts.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will get an overview of current research trends in various geological sciences. He will have an overview of the research methodology and will be able to apply his / her knowledge if needed.
- Date: 3rd-6th December 2018
- Lecturer: Prof. W.Nemec, University of Bergen, Norway
- Short course title:
- Sediment gravity flows - their rheology, varieties and recognition in the depositional record,
- Time frame: lectures ca. 20 /minimum 15 hours (distributed over 3 days) +- Field exercise - a small group of participants. Field course is not a compulsory part of the course.
- KNÖDEL, Klaus, Gerhard LANGE and Hans-Jürgen VOIGT. Environmental geology : handbook of field methods and case studies. Berlin: Springer, 2007. 1355 s. ISBN 9783540746690. info
- Field methods for geologists and hydrogeologists. Edited by Fakhry Assaad - Philip E. LaMoreaux - Travis H. Hughes. Berlin: Springer, 2004. xli, 377. ISBN 3540408827. info
- Teaching methods
- 2 x 1 day short course (lecture)
- Assessment methods
- Students should participate in lectures (attending at least two lectures is mandatory).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Nutná je účast nejméně na dvou přednáškách. Za účast bude udělen zápočet.
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřen v podzimním semestru 2018/2019.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: v pátek, konat se budou dva bloky přednášek po 4 hodinách.