PřF:Bi1051 Intro. to Mathem. Biology II - Course Information
Bi1051 Introduction to Mathematical Biology IIFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Jiří Jarkovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Komenda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Jiří Jarkovský, Ph.D.
Supplier department: RECETOX - Faculty of Science
- Wed 10:00–11:50 F01B1/709
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students at the end of the course have knowledge of projects, teams and themes of students theses of divisions of Institute of biostatistics and analyses: data analysis in oncology; analysis of population data and epidemiology; data analysis in cardiology; health technology assessment; data analysis in ecotoxicology; analysis of biodiversity; environmental modelling; environmnental informatics.
- The range of problems solved by computational biology is presented to students of the second year together with potential themes for their student works. The topics cover not only projects of Institute of biostatistics and analyses but also other applications of computational biology. Some topics are presented by students of master studies who work on these themes.
- Teaching methods
- Presentation of scientific topics and discussion on their definition and goals.
- Assessment methods
- Oral participation in the discussion of presented topics.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.