PřF:F6530 Spectroscopy methods - Course Information
F6530 Spectroscopy methodsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 3 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: graded credit.
- Mgr. Dušan Hemzal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dušan Hemzal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Dušan Hemzal, Ph.D.
- Mon 17:00–18:50 F1,01014, Thu 8:00–8:50 F3,03015
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- F3060 Oscillations, waves, optics || F3100 Oscillations, waves, optics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the course is to provide the students with the ability to
- list and describe generic spectroscopic methods and equipment, both on theoretical and practical level
- apply this knowledge in utilising spectroscopy for qualitative and quantitative analysis
- measured quantities, generation of spectrum, spectral line width, prism, diffraction grating, spectroscopic instruments, measurements of wavelengths, standards and etalons of wavelengths, spectral instruments with high resolution, Fourier spectroscopy, quality and quantity spectral analysis, sensitivity of methods, absorption and reflection spectra, spectroscopic ellipsometry, laser spectroscopy.
- P.Bousquet, Spectroscopy and its instrumentation, (Hilger, London) 1971.
- Teaching methods
- lecture, seminary
- Assessment methods
- active attendance at the seminars
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
General note: L.