E-learning preparatory courses are for students who intend to study General Medicine, Dentistry or Physiotherapy in English language.
The goal of the course is revising high school knowledge of Biology, deeper understanding to cell biology and human biology in a broad context, and practicing the elementary knowledge required for the entrance examination.
Description of the course: this course consists of several units (see the course contents) which specify the theoretical backgrounds needed for understanding the given topic. Each unit contains a short test providing feedback on partial knowledge, and a discussion group serving as space for participants’ communication with their tutors.
The course is concluded with a final test similar to the actual entrance examination test; its score informs the participant about their chance to pass the entrance exam.
The course is available to purchase from November 1st 2020 to July 21st 2021, and open until September 15th 2021.
Technical remark: After the payment, it takes 2-3 days before the payment is assigned in the system and the status of your order changes from "payment not received" to "paid". Please be patient, you will be informed about the change via e-mail.
1. Introduction to cell biology. What cells are. Chemical composition of cells
2. Prokaryotic cell structure
3. Eukaryotic cell structure. Membranes. Osmosis
4. Structure and function of eukaryotic cell organelles
5. Cell functions in unicellular and multicellular organisms
6. Cell information – DNA
7. Protein synthesis in cells
8. Cellular responses to external stimuli and intercellular communication
9. Cell division and DNA replication
11. Diseases in human
13. Breakthrough discoveries in medical biology
14. Blood, haemostasis and immunity
15. Bones and joints
17. The heart
18. The circulation
19. The respiratory system
20. The digestive system and nutrition
21. Integument and thermoregulation
22. The renal system
23. Endocrine glands
25. The nervous system
27. Human evolution