Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in French Language – Field of study catalogue MU
Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in French Language
The aim of this study field is to prepare teachers of the generally educative subject – French language at the upper level of primary schools, who understand the professional issues and are able to continue their self-education based on self-reflection.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- apply the basic linguistic-didactic principles to practice
- plan lessons, use combinations of various methods and forms of teaching, including modern approaches (project teaching, problem teaching)
- understand the issue of choosing the right teaching materials for primary schools
- take advantage of modern information technologies
- creatively process didactic materials
- flexibly react to changes and particular situations in his or her practice
- develop professionally, based on self-reflection
- co-work in conducting e-learning courses
The future functioning of the graduates is primarily focused on the work of the subject teachers at primary schools. They can use their qualification as French language teachers at the upper primary school level, or employees in non-teaching positions requiring an excellent knowledge of French (e.g. in public administration). They are also capable of obtaining re-qualification in the professions of their field of study and in the educative field.
The standard duration of studies is 2 years.